Thursday, May 20, 2010

WITL 2010 Day 2-4 -Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

The question I found myself contemplating over the petrol pump Tuesday morning was; "How do you remind yourself everyday that 'if you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got'?" Life is so busy and you just get on with it and do it and then you stop for a second or two or spend some time examining and contemplating as I am this week and you remember that you have goals and plans that are being forgotten in the mire of dishes, washing, nappies, stories, school runs, scrapbooking, and sports. I am seriously contemplating writing myself a note something like the one that was made for Drew Barrymore's character on the movie '50 First Dates'
"Hey Gypsy, Please remember xxxxx is the goal in mind work towards it as well as doing all the other stuff. Love Gypsy"
Of course I'd need a little pop-up icon or something as I reach for the Chocolate Raisins, or the Coke or the Natural Confectionery Company Lollies and (god forbid) the Frappucinos. With some sort of catchy phrase about long-term vs. short term gratification!

What's really funny is that the post on the Happiness Project on Wednesday had this: "One of the problems with not being very mindful is that even when you're trying to be more mindful, it's hard to stay mindful of the resolution to be mindful. " Yeah tell me about it! And then I got this in an email: "To change your world all you have to do is manage your thoughts and feelings on the inside of you, and then your whole world changes." Hmmmm and the world is trying to tell me what?

Tuesday

0600 Will graced us with his presence but luckily went relatively quickly back to sleep. Most morning he goes straight to Les for a figure 'w' headlock 'dud-lel' (cuddle) and on the odd occasion I am the 'lucky' recipient of the Chiropractors Nightmare that is Will's special brand of cuddles. Today I got the short version and Les got the long.

0730 Les left for work and Will and I got up. Merenia was up and watching telly and Kieran was having a sleep-in.
0830 Too Kieran to school. Got Gas, Starbucks and Bananas on the way home.
0915 Merenia and Will played on the horses in the lounge and I started processing photos for Will's 365, our family 365 and the Rugby blog and of course the 365.
1015 Merenia went to Kindy to drop off a cardboard tube. And spent a lot of time playing over there- pushing kids on swings and such. Will watched the Wiggles while I continued on with the photos- which took the better part of the morning interspersed with getting Will food, drinks, cuddles, kisses and playing the odd game. Called Kindy to make sure Merenia wasn't outstaying her welcome and spoke to Lynley about Japan.
1130 Merenia got back and played with Will. We messed around inside and I made Will lunch. They had been doing more work on the pipes so we had no water all morning and when they were done they vented it gain causing another flood at the end of our drive way.
1245 We went outside to get the washing in and ride bikes. Les came home to drop off the compost.
1315 Will went to bed and I continued with the photos and wrote the rugby notice for the week. Merenia went on the computer in Kieran's room.


1455 We went to school and picked up the girls for netball. Kieran went to Kaycee's to get a ride to rugby practice. Stopped on the way to look for a particular toy helicopter at the dollar store but no luck. Dropped off the girls and went to the Bakehouse when I realised I forgot to eat lunch. And then onto Smashing glass to find a gift for Kieran's host family in Japan.

1600 Went to base to drop Will to Les.

1615 Headed back to Netball. Picked up the girls- distributed the girls to their various places- Merenia to Alyssas for St Johns and Petra back to afterschool care. And headed up to Rugby practice. Will and Les went and got more compost from TWH and got Sushi for their dinner.

1745 Headed home from Rugby dropping off Kaycee on the way. Stopped by the dairy to get change for Mufti Day. Saw some sort of filming being done at the church on Scott Road on the way. Kieran had a shower and made himself Toasted sandwiches.
1830 Les and Will went to pick up the kids from St Johns.
1920 Merenia got her dinner. Will and Kieran PJ's, bed time stuff and so forth. Tuesdays are always a late one for the kids because of St Johns.
2010 finally got Will into bed lay down for a cuddle with him because I thought he'd drop off quite fast due to the lack of afternoon sleep- but no such luck.
2030 Aneil called to talk to Les. Merenia went to bed and so did I. Watched House and the Goodwife. Les was on the computer till some ungodly hour.


Weather: It was mostly nice with scattered rain. It looked kind of threatening when the kids had their practices but the storms happen off to the west and we got to see the resulting rainbows.

Cool: Getting the compost for the garden. Seeing the film set at the church. Scoring a nice present for Kieran's host family.


Not Cool: The Camera being on the fritz. Not being bothered to write anything down today.

On my mind: LOTS!

Photos: 207


Wednesday

0715 Les got up got ready for work. Will was snuggled up with me, Merenia was still sleeping. I got up and had a shower Les sorted Will and then left for work once I was done. Kieran was having a sleep-in. I went to wake him and freaked out a little when I couldn't get in his room because of what felt like a dead weight on the other side of the door. I had visions of having to break his window so get in and find his unconscious body. It was actually a mini basket ball which was getting wedged under the door and Kieran woke up and shifted it away for me.

0840 A really late run to school (Mufti day) and the traffic was nose to tail on Hobsonville Road. Then we headed back home again. We did odd jobs and such till 9:38 when I took Will's photos- the camera which had been acting up the day before got really bad- so when I was done I called the Canon Camera service centre and the guy was incredibly helpful!! I swapped the lens over and that seemed to solve the problem (It completely solved it actually).
1100 We left for Ukulele and Choir stopping on the way over to pick up a trade me purchase- a stereo for Merenia. We got to Brown's Bay Early and Will and I got our Sushi lunch (Merenia hadn't passed enough room check's to earn a brought lunch). Then we went and had a look around the book, toy and $2 shops before dropping Merenia off.
1220 After that Will and I decided to take our Sushi to 'the little beach' (Waiake). Once we were done eating we had a fantastic time in the water exploring and paddling. The water was quite a comfortable temperature and the tide that was going out was just perfect for us.
1330 We headed up to see what we could find at the Torbay Sally army store and scored a few books, a sippy cup, and a huge funnel for the bath/sandpit. Then we went to pick up Merenia via the Hospice shop.
1415 Merenia was already waiting having got out early. We headed home past the discount book store and got some more new books.
1500 Kieran and Tony had patrols so we waited while they got done catching up with the Dawsons in the process. Then we headed home. Once there I gave Will a bath to de-beach him. Merenia watched TV and Kieran had his afternoon weetbix. Les arrived Mid bath and took over while I went out to get the stuff for dinner- as Les hadn't got my phone message.
1700 Back home Will had a piggy back while we looked around the neighbourhood empty houses for mint for our yoghurt, cucumber and mint dip... we had to improvise with mint sauce and it tasted just as good. Dinner was tandoori beef strips on fresh spinach, thinly sliced cucumber and snow pea shoots drizzled with the yoghurt mixture and turkish bread on the side. Yum!
1820 Les and Merenia headed out to get the cupboard and Kierans new stereo (more trade me purchases) from Mt Wellington and Howick. Kieran read and watched telly while I got Will sorted, read him some stories and put him to bed.
2030 L and M got home. K went to bed, M went to bed and Les and I proceeded to sort the kitchen so we could slot in the cupboard- which was huge and heavy. We got the neighbour Steve over to help and hoisted it through the window.
2130 Cupboard in- we did some odd jobs and then sat down to his and hers computers.
2250 I went to bed. Les stayed up again.

Weather: Lovely!

Cool: Getting the cupboard, the time Will and I spent at the beach. The kids new stereos. The service at Canon Camera service centre and the fact that it's the lens and not the camera with the problem. The fact that Les got a DSLR that's compatible with our SLR so the lenses are interchangeable.

Not Cool: The fact that the lens on the camera is stuffed. Will asked when we driving through Albany if we could go see Granny. It's been over a year since we have seen her so I was amazed that he knew where we were and sad that we couldn't just go do it. Not being bothered to write anything down today.

On my mind: getting a book that Will and I can use to identify Rocky Shore flora and fauna.

Photos: 284

Thursday


The Stockley House is extremely sleepy this week. I don't know what time Les left for work but Will and I woke at 7:45 and Merenia got up just after us. I woke Kieran around 0800.
0850 We dropped Kieran off to school and then headed to Westgate- got me some new jeans. On to Pumkin Patch where we got some clothes for Merenia. And then we tried to track Joz down as we could see her car.
0930 We headed to Lincoln Rd to find more jeans and got 2 pair as well as 2 t-shirts for Merenia. Then onto the Butcher, Pet shop, 2nd hand book store and westgate sally arm store by which time it was lunch.
1200 we dropped home so Merenia could grab her stuff and then dropped her off to the Library Bus over by Kindy. Back at home we unloaded the car and I got Will his lunch.
1300 Will didn't look like having a sleep so we settled down on the couch under a blanket and he watched Maisy while I did some reading.
1415 We headed down to Westgate so I could grab some baskets for the new cupboard. And a frappuncino. :-)
1500 We picked up Kieran and Kaycee from school. And came back home. Will fell asleep in the car.
1520 Kieran and Kaycee got snacks and went on the PS2 Merenia watched Saddle club on the computer and I started sorting stuff for the new cupboard.
1600 Will woke up and we had snuggles.
1615 We left for Rugby I dropped the boys off and then brought Will and Merenia back home to Les.
1700 I headed back to rugby where there were 10 soggy kids and 3 wet parents in a rainy practice.
1745 Dropped Kaycee home and then came home where Les was making dinner. Kieran had a shower and I set up Kieran's stereo and moved some furniture around.
1845 We had dinner.
1910 Merenia cleaned her room and Les got Will ready for bed.


2000 Merenia, Will and Kieran went to bed. I watched Greys and Les cleaned up after dinner. Then we caught up the two episodes of Underbelly that we had missed.
2215 We worked on our respective computers.
2345 Les went to bed. I started work on this blog post and it's now 0233!


Weather: Fine in the morning but turned to crap on cue at 3pm and got wetter as the night wore on- but it was quite cold. We're getting sorted for the fire tomorrow.

Cool: Getting 3 pairs of New Jeans

Not Cool: Spending so long shopping this morning- thought we'd be home by 10 not 12! The number on the scales. Not being bothered to write anything down today- till after midnight!

Funny: Will telling Les that instead of making dinner that they should just go to Burger King.

On my mind: getting the new cupboard sorted.

Photos: 182

Notes to self: Notes, notes, notes!!!!

No comments: