Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WITL 2010 Day 1- Monday

One routine that always changes in a Week in the Life Week is the night time one- it is spent catching up on the details of the day. Today I stopped recording words just after 0945- so I have a lot of catching up to do... I have a lot of pictures to support the story but even with those there are so many details and thoughts that will already have been lost, tomorrow I'll employ a notepad as well.

7:06 am Will bursts in as usual and snuggles into Les for a short while. Les gets up and gets ready for work. Will follows. Kieran is watching last nights Dr Who and Merenia is still in bed but soon gets up.
7:27 am Les leaves for work. I get up and dressed. Merenia is feeding Will some of her breakfast.

7:45 am The kids are all on the couch watching telly- Kidzone.
8:00 I check emails and reading morning blogs.
8:10 I get Will dressed and make us both porridge to share.
8:28 We leave for school. It's super foggy. Will wants to carry my 'new' bag.

8:38 We drop Kieran off and head back home via the bakery for a loaf of bread. Stop to explain the right hand turn rule to Merenia.
8:50 At home the kids to do dancing to Gymbaroo- I put on dishwasher and washing machine and take some pics around the house.
9:15 win an auction on trade me- Kieran needs a new CD player and make arrangements for picking up this and cupboard we won last night... hopefully my organisational panacea! Kids still dancing.
9:45 kids in bedroom looking for Will's glow sticks lost somewhere after he finally fell asleep. Get meat from freezer for dinner and look at Cinnamon Oyster recipe. We have all the ingredients so I work on clearing some space and getting sorted. This includes a trip out to throw crusts to the birds and in the process grabbing the aerobatics newsletter which I still receive despite not being the Comp mananger for over 2 years now.
Will and I make a start on the Cinnamon Oysters and Merenia comes to watch.
10:42 The Cinnamon Oysters go in the oven and I start to clean up. make Will a snack and get him a drink.
10:54 the Oysters are cooked and I sit down with some bread and honey and a coke to look at some blogs. Will watches Za za and Hairy McLary. By the time we are both done the sun has dried the grass enough that we can put the washing out without Will becoming a soggy cold mess.
12:00 Will likes to lean into the basket so that the clean wet clothes get dumped on his head after each hand-full he jumps up giggling. We head outside and I hang while Will moves from 'station to station' Car, horse, woodpile, sandpit, garden, swings- Merenia finishes sorting her clothes inside and comes out to say that she is biking to the clothing bin at Kindy. When she gets back she joins us in the garden and plays on the swings with Will.
1300 We head inside, I fold my washing while Will spends some time washing his hands and getting soggy- but at least warm. I take his plaster off and get him changed leaving the little finger to get some fresh air- the bruises are going down a little. Will has a yoghurt for lunch and I have cereal. Merenia is reading a book about bulbs. By the time Will is done it's too late to start an afternoon sleep so we snuggle up on the couch- I do some reading and Will watches more Hairy McLary snuggled up next to me. I put together part of dinner- curried sausages and return to hang with Will. Merenia is back on the computer.
1445 I replaced Will's plaster while he watches the Wiggles on TV and then we head off to pick up Kieran.
1505 Kieran meets us at the car and we head home via the Fruit and Vege shop for Milk and some fresh Vegies to go with dinner.
1525 I put Will to bed and spend some time sorting out templates for my WITL albums. When I am done Kieran watches Survivor Heroes Vs. Villians Episode 13 on You tube. I cream the Cinammon Oysters and watch last nights Dr Who. Merenia is watching the afternooon kids shows in the other room.

1620 I put dinner on and Will wakes early- I cuddle up with him on the couch and he goes back to sleep while I watch the rest of Dr Who and read some more.
1700 Les gets home and eventually starts on the rest of dinner.
1740 Will starts to wake.

1800 Dinner
1830 After Dinner Kieran and I watch the double episode finale and first section of the reunion show of Survivor 20 on You Tube. One of us is happy with the result and one is not. Merenia is watching and reading from the couch, Les is on the laptop and Will is working the room.

1945 Merenia goes to bed. Will gets PJ's on and comes to snuggle and watch a little more Survivor.
2000 Will goes to bed.


2030 Kieran goes to bed. Les goes to shower. I watch the rest of the reunion show.
2130 Les is on the PC loading auctions on trade me. I take the laptop and watch the start of NCIS before having a shower.
2200 I work on my WITL blog post and watch telly from bed as Iroquoi blat around outside my window. Love the Airforce, the laptop and wireless internet!
2300- I'm done! I'm going to start Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox- having finished the previous book in the series yesterday.

Weather: Lovely once the fog was burned off.

Cool:Making the Cinnamon Oysters

Not Cool: We normally fit stories into every day but Will only got one from Les today.

On my mind: LOTS! I was still wavering at 7:20 on whether to do this this week- your heart really has to b in it- But I am glad now that I have started. Also thinking about a strange dream I had this morning involving duck shooting and child abduction.
From my 2009 notes: "Am reminded of the self analysis that happens as a result of this project... need to look at ways to make that stuff have an ongoing effect and work towards change in our lives. Will be interesting to look back at the end of this week and compare it with last years end of week appraisal."

Photos: 391

Notes to self: Notebook!, Will's Monthly LO, Make appointment, read last years WITL album notes. Read more stories with Will. Food and places. Reading materials.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And in my life today I got a parcel in the mail of beautiful little girl clothes from a very special friend!

Thank you so much!

Macchi
xoxoxox