Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Camp and beyond

In the school holidays I went to scrapbook camp for the first time in over two years.

It was weird.

It was also good. There were ten ladies this time around including what I would call 'the usual crowd'; Carolann, Wendy and Glenna (sadly not Paula though she did stop by). And then there was my (step) Mum Sylvia, her best friend Lisa. As well as Tania and Tania's friend Tania and her mum Judy. And another lady that I spent the weekend sitting beside but for the life of me I can't remember the name of.


And Vienna- not scrapping- more kind of napping, chatting and hanging out.
..

This is my table at camp... all my essential tools and for a change my colour sorted embellishment boxes in front of me which was FANTASTIC because I actually USED the stuff in them.
This is the wider view- you can see my lamp because I am a little obsessive about having too little light (I can't stand it). That box on the floor has my two folders completed Lay outs and planned Lay outs. You can also see my paper drawers and the chair that I had my Laptop on so I could listen to music when I wasn't into what was happening on the iPod.

This is the balance of my stuff... Paints, stamps, ink, tools, punches, chipboard, sewing machine and such. I made a point of using some of every type of thing I brought. For a couple of reasons- because I own it and I really should use it. And because I tore my scraproom apart packing to go to camp and wrecked my back lugging all the stuff around.

We play games at camp like Bingo and guess what's in the box and it's near impossible to find a time when everyone is actually in the scrapping room at the same time to be able to play the games. And that's why meals especially dinners are probably the best times at camp.

That said camp meals are not for the prudish, meek or humourless. Honestly the breadth and depth of the subjects we cover are incredible. That's the joy of having a bunch or relaxed, like minded women all in the same spot. We all have various different similarities which mean you can find something or other in common with every one there.

I went to Camp on a Tuesday night and didn't arrive till late as I had been at a Rugby meeting and then had to come home to type up a newsletter. But I figured having practically all day Wednesday-Saturday and the better part of Sunday to scrap that I could do 100 pages. I think in the end I did 67 + 3 camp challenges- not a bad effort especially when there was this sweet little distraction to cuddle and coo with.

Vienna is the babe of Wendy (and Ashley). Wendy is Les' cousin on his Mum's side... I think that makes Vienna our second cousin. But I think we've got more of an Aunty- Niece thing going on... whatever it is it's lovely to have a place in her life.

Wendy gave her nappy off time each morning after she woke and she liked to sing and chatter and gossip during this time and so acted a bit like a very sweet dawn chorus to wake me up (I like to get up early at camp- it's nice to scrap when it's quiet and get a jump start on the day).


Vienna thinks she's pretty flash...

she's right!


Extreme baby close-up!!!


It's camp tradition to have a whole group photo, sadly Tanya wasn't feeling quite the best so didn't make it to the photo.


Bunk mates photo...

Gratuitous group photo designed to be quite flattering...

Sylvia came home with us after camp to hang out before she needed to be at the airport.


Will attempted to drive her back to Christchurch.


But was unsuccessful.


So they decided to read stories instead...


No comments: