Sunday, May 16, 2010

For Today...

Outside my window... Sun poking through dark and ominous clouds- getting 22 rugby jerseys dry on my washing line.

I am thinking... what to get Will for lunch.

I am thankful for... Ali Edwards leading me to SherrieJD's digital shop. And to good friends taking the big kids away for the weekend. The opportunity to play in the puddles. Elliot visiting even if it is only to study quietly at my scrapping table. Breakfast in bed Bacon and Egg Bagel and Caramel Frap... mmmm healthy! Children that are truly appreciative of your efforts. Parents who get in and help at Rugby.

From the kitchen... Chicken Chasseur- power outage on Friday meant this didn't get to finish cooking till well after bed time (we had Burger King instead after a candle light snack of chips and magi onion soup dip- fun stuff and adventures). We treated ourselves to Chicken Tikka Masala last night as we were only 3... so finally tonight the casserole.

I am wearing... Jeans- what else! And last night's T-shirt. (I didn't get (half) dressed till 11:30am)

I am creating... Maybe something with a purchase from Sherrie's store. Or perhaps work on my Holidays in hand album as Snapfish and digitalmax are doing two for one photo books for the rest of the month and I need one more to buy four!

I am going... to enjoy Will's afternoon sleep. And nowhere- I don't have enough petrol.

I am reading.. Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony. I am getting into the last 50 pages so it's very hard to put down, but Will insists.

I am hoping... that I will get to finish my book today. And that this week will involve less driving and out and about stuff than the last two. That we will get a 'new' CD/tape plaey for M and W. And that 'my cupboard' will finally materialise- know any good and reasonably priced second hand furniture stores in the great Auckland region?

I am hearing... Will saying "There you go Panda" as he offers his bear a sip of Milo from his cup and the tuneful ballads of Wiggly Wiggly World.

Around the house... Huge pile of washing to be folded. Various small messes I hope to put pay to before tomorrow when I start my Week in the Life- maybe a bit deceptive but I don't care.

One of my favorite things... "If I have a little money I buy books if there is any left food and clothes."

A few plans for the rest of the week: As above my Week-in-the-life 2010. Supermarket shopping. Hanging with my day time crew. Adding compost to the garden and finally planting the bulbs.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... I feel a bit like this at the moment, I think Paula does too- I am thinking of you hun.

No comments: