Friday, May 14, 2010

The Last Time

When Will hurt his finger the other day one of the things I missed most was the ability to bundle him up and give him a boob! This liitle boy who absolutely loved his booby didn't look like he was going to give it up anytime soon and while I didn't mind too much I was struggling with the afternoon sleep that had me stuck on the couch under a sleeping boy snuggled up to his favourite booby.


So when I went to camp Will went cold turkey. It wasn't a problem while I was away.

But he did struggle a little after I got home. I had to tell him a few times that boobies were finished and that they were all empty. A couple of times in the months previous when Will hurt himself he got what we called a 'treat booby' -one that happened outside of our normal routine to calm him down or get him back to sleep when he woke too early.

A treat booby really would have gone down a treat on Wednesday, but it's the bittersweet truth that those days are now behind us.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, but I am glad that I got to forever record the last one.

No comments: