Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Weather's Here Wish You Were Fine Pt1

When I was in my late teens/early twenty's there was a TV program on really late one weekday evening. It was called Liquid Television. It combined computer animation, drawings, paper cut-outs, and even live action into a magazine format show. I imagine it provided quite a few animation artists with an opportunity to show case their work. My favourites were Aeon Flux, Stick Figure Theatre, and Psycho Gram.



The premise for Psycho Gram was a 'secret agent' type dude writing post cards home to his 'Mom'. It was illustrated with what I believe were actually real postcards the sort you find 'only in America!'



I thought I'd try my own series of Psycho Gram Blog posts with the photos I've been wanting to share...


Dear Mom,


I've been hanging out to receive my next assignment.

I met with Agent T to get the low down on my mission.

I hammered out the details.

While sharing a snack with Agent D.

I did a drive by to scope out the location.

And found the natives were uncommonly short.

I found myself in some hot water.

But managed to bribe my way out of trouble.

And hitched a ride to safety.

I sent a report on my activities back to headquarters....

No comments: