Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Big Guy: Santa

Traditions and Preparations for Santa;

Each year we go and get a Santa photo taken.... it's a terrific record of how much the kids have grown and just how much weight we've put on!

Christchurch With Sam and Caity 1996- the first year Les and I were together at Christmas

Hamilton 1997 Kieran approx 4 weeks old

Merenia's First Santa Photo

Dunedin with Caitlin


Will's First Christmas- 4 days old- yeah that's me 4 days post major surgery!

On Christmas Eve we put out food and drinks for Santa and the Reindeer, and that is the sum total of our Santa Prep.

This year I was also looking at getting the kids to write a thank-you to leave out for him as well. In years past the kids also wrote letters to Santa. Then they started doing them at school (which as a scrapbooker annoys me because I'd like a copy (if not the original) of the letters). I remember one year I believe it was Merenia wrote Santa a letter and in it asked if Santa had taken the Christmas Cake that they had made at Kindy. The kids had been told that they'd have some at the Christmas Breakfast but for what ever reason that didn't happen. Because Santa came to the Kindy Christmas Breakfast and after that day the cake wasn't where it had been Merenia thought he took it and if my memory serves me she asked him to bring it back!

1 comment:

Miss Wendy said...

love the tree in todays banner! it is awesome.