Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Music


I'm a little Bah-humbug when it's to Christmas music, can't stand; Snoopy's Christmas, Mummy Kissing Santa Claus or Do they know it's Christmas? or any of their ilk. And let me just say Wham and or George Michael should never be let near a mic at Christmas EVER.

That said as I mentioned the other day my Poppa did a great rendition of "Shingle Bells" and at home we used to sing a different version of "We Three Kings";

"We three kings from orient are; one in a tractor, one in a car
one on a scooter tooting his hooter following yonder star-O

Star of wonder, star of night,
star of beauty she'll be right!
Star of glory, that's the story
Following yonder star-O!"


Do you remember singing Silent Night at school. We were always getting in the shit for messing around with the first "peace" because it drops an octive or 50 from the first syllable to the second.

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly PEEEEE-EASEEEEEEE
Sleep in heavenly peace

It's actually a nice gentle carol and in the hall at DNI we butchered it quite brutally. :-)

I have very fond memories of a squeaky wee boy singing Santa Baby which was on a Just Jeans advert with seriously cute teddy bears about 9 years ago.

And there is one I really like that was playing in a shop that I was in last year and I have no idea what it is, even after a decent trawl of You Tube!

An as no blog post about music should be without some I leave you with Bing, Eartha and Nat....
**********

*********


********

********

No comments: