Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas People

This Christmas it will just be us five. In the past we have hung out with both of our families in Te Aroha, Christchurch, Dunedin and Auckland, and the last two years we were fortunate to spend the with the Rae's.

We both have a bit of an issue with it just being us 5 it feels a bit like a glorified Sunday with good food and new stuff. But as I've said before travelling south isn't in the budget. We're not really in the mood to do Les' family and friends and neighbours up here all have their own things going on. So it'll just be us and we'll probably head out at some point and do something special.

As a kid we always had my grandfather with us from around mid morning. My maternal grandmother didn't live in the same city as us from relatively early on so we generally had lunch at home with my grandfather, and two aunties, Rach and Lou as well as me, my Mum and Dad. Then we'd head to Nana's where It'd be at the very least: Nana, Poppa, everyone who'd been at our place for lunch, Aunties; Brace, Bronny and Wendy, Uncles Robin, MB, Tony, and Graham and Cousins; Danny, Toni-Marie, Steven, Michael, Anna and Thomas.

No comments: