Friday, December 4, 2009

Decorating

Today's prompt for Holiday's in Hand is about decorations- ours aren't up yet but I took a bunch of photos over the past couple of Christmases because I made a mini album about our decorations late last year.

So what's on the tree that warms my heart?

Caitlin made this Star at daycare when she was almost 3 and on the back someone wrote "for My Gypsy" because that's what she called me. We used to have silly fights over our Dad something along the lines of;

C:"My Daddy"
G: "Oh no! He's my Daddy"
C absolutely indignant: "NO! My Daddy!
G: "But he was my Daddy first"
C:"MY Daddy"
G: "Well maybe we can share him, he can be both our daddy's?"
C: "No My Daddy and My Gypsy!"

Kieran had a teacher in year 3 & 4 who had her class fill out Satisfaction surveys at the end of each term- without fail for least favourite subject Kieran said "Art" and for the most part he has never really enjoyed art or making stuff since he finished pre-school in Australia even at Kindy his preference was 'doing' rather than 'making'. So this wreath made at Tingira in Nowra is pretty special. I also love it because it was his teacher Michelle who wrote his name on it. Michelle travelled through preschool with Kieran right from his time as an almost 2 year old in the babies room. I think Michelle loved Kieran almost as much as we did and it was great to know he was in her hands when he wasn't with us.

On the second day of Kieran's life Les went to get us flowers and balloons in the mall at Henderson. And as he passed by the engravers he saw these and got one. To be honest it's fairly ugly and it's corroded and rusted now but takes none of the shine off of how special it is.

And of course that started a tradition so we got one for Saskia, Merenia and Will as well.....


No comments: