Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Round-up~August

On our bookshelf this month....

The rest of the Harry Potter books- glad to have finally read them!! Next, Healthy Food guide, Little Treasures, and 4 scrapbook books- scored from trade me. I am missing my Creating Keepsakes Mags- my sub has run out and I am waiting for the US dollar to get a bit better and for CK Media to be a little more secure before I re-sub- so now I have to wait for the shops to get it in and that takes ages!

Loving on the box....

Satisfaction is finished boo hoo, the final series of ER is interesting, re-watching Grey's Anatomy series 1 & 2 thanks to Lyn for the loan! Harry Potter 1 on DVD, Red Bull Air Race, NCIS, Underbelly, Survivor and Outrageous Fortune. Pushing Daisies series 2 started yesterday- I love everything about this show- sets, costumes, characters, quirky plotlines and so on and last night they took the piss out of the sound of music- other than Chucks yellow dress what more could a girl want??!!

For you...For me?

Flowers for Granny's Birthday, Merenias Birthday Presents, a homemade book for our Vinyl guy, Mini albums for our Rugby coaches and manager and for all my Netball girls, mini wedding albums for Logan and Trudy and Mary and Geoff, and I got Les a frapuccino for our wedding anniversary as well as some random little gifts for some girls on the scrapbook list. Les got me 11 instant kiwis one for each of the years we have been together I won $4 and then I won $2 and then I won $4... still have to cash those ones in. Yipee! I got Flowers from my netball girls- yay!

Germs and bugs and botherations....

Kieran has self-diagnosed swine flu... in actual fact I think he was just 'over' school.

Today was good today was fun, tomorrow is another one...

Daniella and I finally got to catch up for our traditional school holiday frappucino we missed the April school hols 'cause Daniella was sick and we missed the July school hols too because I didn't get my shit together- but I'm kind of glad because we went over to Browns bay Starbucks in search of Cinnamon Dolce and then went on to Spotlight and ended up checking out fabric and patterns.

Will and I got out in the garden and planted the sweet pea and sunflower seeds for the summer.

Will and I went to drop in on Kindy he had a great time!

Merenia's birthday was pretty cool it was the last games for both kids winter sport, our wedding anniversary, we caught up with Miss Wendy, and Merenia had a sleepover with the lovely Zavanna.

I had a night over at Carolanns Scrapbooking with the girls- cool!

I got to go play the Greys Anatomy game at Daniella and Lyn's and I won one!

Kieran made it into the Inter-zones representing the school for Cross-country.

Kieley and Granny took Merenia to see The Silver Ferns Vs. The World 7.

Les went to fly his slopey at Mt Victoria and we all tagged along for the ride. We met up with Aneil there. The kids had a great time running all over, and sliding, and roly-polying and checking out the gun and boats and such. Then we all went to Devonport and had a look around the shops and ferry terminal. Merenia took a ride on the Clydesdale Carriage and we all went to the playground- although it was more Will's size than anyone elses.

Yum, yum, yum....

Les got the hard word from his doctor so I changed up our dinner menu for some heathier options which has meant we are trying some new recipes as well. Miss Wendy made us sweet cupcakes!!!

'It was on sale'....

I have saved up my baby sitting cash and had a bit of a spend-up on Scrapbooking stuff... lots of Sassafras- YUM! And I scored some cool stuff on Trade Me and at Spotlight because they are clearing a whole bunch of stuff. Scored some cool stuff at the Sally Army store including a yellow T-shirt (house colours) for the kids to wear for school stuff- it's a brazillian Football jersey with Rinaldo's number and a WAY cool retro table cloth that I LOVE.

Bugger!

My son did something gross, which meant that I did something revolting!

Hooray!

I had a sweet weekend at home where I did a heap of scrapbook pages (26) I haven't worked like that in ages and it was great!

Etc...

Merenia had a school trip to Motat and an Electricity show and Kelly Sports thing at school.

Les had Drinkies with the BOT and the PTA at school as well as a Happy Hour to farewell his W/O.

Richo moved down to Ohakea.

Will learnt to say 'gross' in the cutest way.

The kids went to the school disco.

Telethon happened and Kieran had 2 sleepovers at Jakes.

Merenia had a sleep over at Ashlyns.

I got my haircut- SHORT.

I got an email from an old-flame (also know as my 'first') that was kind of cool and funny! Made me remember some wilder (read stupider) parts of my youth.

Les went to Matamata for flying and came 2nd.

Three lovely families we know announced their pregnancies- a first baby for Helen who will be a third for Paul and a little brother or sister for Tony and Petra next February. A fifth baby for the Dawson's- I am hoping Alyssa scores a baby sister come February- 3 brothers is enough to be going on with :-). And Wills Favourite girl Miss Lily is also going to be a big sister in February... how sweet will next year be!


You know who's good idea this was? Katie The Scrapbook Lady. Go check out her list of tasks to do at the end of each month as well.

No comments: