Thursday, September 24, 2009

When it's quiet....

... that's when you need to worry.

I was getting dressed and putting the washing on this morning I came into the lounge to look for Will. He wasn't there and the kitchen door was closed so I went to check Mira's and our room as they were the only other doors that were open.

No Will.

Heart rate up.

Back to the lounge and into the kitchen.

Heart drops to pit of stomach.

"Mi-ulk"

Milk that's what Will said as he showed me the bottle. The empty bottle. That's what he said as he sat in his furry blue PJ's in the wet white puddle.


"Yes, buddy that's milk alright." That's what I said as it slipped and slid crawling out of the puddle and into my arms.


And on the list of 'handy things to know': our kitchen floor slopes in such a way that any liquid poured on the floor will naturally flow under the three heaviest items; the pantry, the fridge, and the dishwasher.

Which leads me to the problem with the other boy. The big one the only one that (usually) uses the dark blue milk. That kid he's intelligent. But he's not smart. Because when you find around a dozen of those dark blue rings from the lids of the milk bottle UNDER the fridge you KNOW there's only one person that can be responsible. Grrrrrr.

No comments: