Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Week in the Life 2009 Day 1-Monday

As I said I have started this year's Week in the Life week. I have decided to follow basically the same format as last year and have even managed to score the exact same album on trade me for it this evening. I read through last years one tonight it was done in early November so there will be some differences because of that but also some major differences as we now have a 21 month old not a 10.5 month old! So each day I will add all my journaling here and I'll try and keep up with sorting my photos throughout the week as well so I can see what parts of our life I am not getting in. I'm also hoping to send a camera to school and work with Les and the kids. Will have to get onto that early as the end of the week will be a tiny bit lax as it is the last week of term.


1:00am Went to bed after uploading pics to HN website (they had a special finishing).
5:30am Will woke brought him in with us. (Apparently he didn't go back to sleep)
6:30am Les got up with Will- kids got up, breakfast, lunches and morning jobs Finlay and Fraser arrived
7:25am Les comes in with Will to get changed into Uniform and wake me up.
7:35am Les leaves for work. I'm up and having breakfast while reading emails and blogs.
7:50am Kids start game of hide and seek
8:15am We go to school and then back home via Starbucks and The Fruit and Vege Shop. Will pushes the little trolley.
9:05am Home again we put Buzzy Bee on and I try and do a few little jobs to no avail. We get out the Parachute and have rides up and down the house. The ducks show up so we go give them some bread. Will's throwing arm is not so good. Will does some drawing while I fill in my timetable for the week.
10:00am Morning tea Will has a biscuit, some sultanas and juice.
10:15am Will plays with Pasta and a whisk in a big bowl. While I clean-up the kitchen bench. W works out how to open the window and spends some time trying to hang out it so he can see the Mower and the flowers.
10:55am We do words, look at the animal cards and read stories.
11:30am Will is getting super cranky I try stalling techniques and we head for the mail box. Then I try and serve lunch but he's not interested. He has a boob and goes to sleep. I read Psychology Today and emails. Will wakes up as we go for the cot and then spends a good while crying before dropping off for an extremely short sleep.
11:45am I make lunch for me Cheese and onion on toast and then work on the computer. I have some emails to catch up on and sort out some photos for Les' mum.
2:00pm I finally get Will up and he has another drink and naps a little in my lap, while I do some reading online.
2:40pm We head to school stopping at the gull to get gas on the way.
3:00pm Elliot is home sick so we can go straight home.
3:20pm Home again. K has two bowls of Weet-bix, Finlay is on the computer in K's room, Fraser is on the computer in the lounge and Merenia is playing Hannah Montana World Tour on the PS2. I give Will a yoghurt and read the kids Numeracy reports. The plumber arrives for the 4th time in a week to finally fix the leak he created the 2nd time he came. He's in a grump and closes the door so Will and I can't watch.
4:20pm Will supervises while I prep for dinner and we wait for Les to come home.
4:50pm Les is home and gets changed, wrestles Will and then cooks the dinner.
5:30pm We eat Ham Pasta from HFG- it's not as yummy as the other one and the kids avoid the zucchini!
6:00pm Kieran is on the lounge computer supposedly doing home work and L and W are on the floor playing. Merenia is messing with some girl stuff beside me as I work on the lap top. The TV goes on for the sports news and we Watch Shorty after that. Les changes Will and takes him to do his teeth while I write a couple of blog posts and win an auction on Trade me.
7:00pm Will has his bedtime boob and goes to sleep.
7:20pm Merenia goes to bed to read.
7:30pm Will goes to bed and Merenia has lights out. K watches extreme home makeover while Les and I do stuff on the computers, including starting a new blog.
8:30pm K goes to bed. We continue doin' stuff on the computers.
9:10pm Les does his night time stuff and heads to bed. I work on the PC while watching pushing Daisies.
11:40ish Bed

Cool: The kitchen looking all shiny and clean. Playing parachute rides with Will. The kids Numeracy reports.

Not Cool: Will's general crankyness. Les had a crappy day at work because they have two Helicopters on phase so it's super busy. Merenia has sore eyes and Kieran sore heels- have made a Dr's appointment for him. Not doing the NZMAA website like I should have.

Other: Talked to the lady from the M.O.E who is sending out the information pack for Merenia's Certificate of Exemption.

On my mind; Kieley, Homeschool, Kieran's Heels, Headaches, The Board Of Trustees, Planning for the time the kids are away, making my 'daily december album', end of year birthdays and Christmas.

I looked at the notes from Ali Edwards regarding the Week in the Life project. Am reminded of the self analysis that happens as a result of this project... need to look at ways to make that stuff have an ongoing effect and work towards change in our lives. Will be interesting to look back at the end of this week and compare it with last years end of week appraisal.

Weather: A bit wet and cold- not good weather for outside play.

Photos Taken; 138

No comments: