Friday, September 25, 2009

Week in the Life 2009 Day 4 -Thursday

0009 I couldn't sleep so I got up and took a couple of panadol for my head. I sat and read some and had a big drink. The panadol didn't really touch the sides and then I think the head got worse cause I was so tired.
0120 I went back to bed.
0545 Will woke and joined us in bed for a drink.
0730 Will and I woke up as Les came in to do some last minute stuff before going to work. We got up got our kisses and waved him goodbye.
0735 I went to get dressed.
0740 I came back into the lounge to look for Will to get him dressed. He wasn't there. I checked Merenias room. He wasn't there. Back to the lounge I went through the kitchen door to find him sitting in a large puddle of milk.
0755 I finshed mopping the floor to the tune of the screaming baby on the other side of the door and went and washed my hair over the side of the bath having missed my chance to have a shower.
0800 Got Will dressed for the day and set him up with rice bubbles for breakfast. Rang Les about a couple of things and got my own cereal.
0835 Time to to school I put in ac quick call to the office to let them know Kieran would be late.
0845 We stopped by Les' car to grab some batteries for Merenia's camera for the day. I gave M a quick lesson on the settings for photo quality.
0850 We dropped Merenia into school.
0858 We arrived at the Doctors Office. We looked at the books and Will played with the toys. He looked pretty pleased with himself when he made the Buzz Lightyear talk.
0930 Only 30 minutes late we got into the Dr. Kieran's heel is standard 11 year old boy growing pains aka;
0940 We paid $30 and left the Dr. We stopped by the Luckens Rd Bakery for bread and treats and then headed for school.
0950 We said bye to Kieran and caught up with Karen and Jake who was heading home sick. I signed Kieran in and went to drop Merenia's treat off to her. She was just coming out of Mindlabs so we caught up with her outside the library.
1000 We went and found Les who was at 'Joe' with an old work mate who was visiting on business. We stopped for a short while delivering the Kahlua Caramel slice we had brought him.
1020 We stopped by the dairy for lotto and drinks and picked up Kierans anti-inflammatory medicine.
1030 Finally home I changed Will's nappy and got him a drink and a snack. I phoned for a dentist appointment and went through some emails.
1100 Will was getting cranky we sat on the couch and he had a drink and went to sleep. It is super unusual for him to sleep so early in the day which is why I have been holding him while he sleeps that and the fact with the headache and whatever is going on with me I need the rest too. Next week it will back to him going down in his cot from 1pm-3pm I read Simple Scrapbook Magazines and work on the laptop, with Grey's Anatomy as background noise.
1435 Will finally wakes up. After grabbing the mail to gkeep it safe from the actions of an ominous sky we grab a raspberry jam samwich with the fresh bread we got at the bakery and an Apple Juice for Will.
1455 We head out the door with new magazine and camera in hand and head for school.
1500 Murphys Law states that if it is going to rain on any given day then it will do so at 8:45 or (more likely) 3pm on a school day. Today we had both. And it didn't just rain it POURED. In our books that is a good thing because the drain at then end of our drive doesn't cope and the street floods. We dropped Elliot home and were pleased to find what we had hoped for when we turned into Morrison Drive. After going through the puddle once at speed Fraser jumped in the front seat beside me and took control of the camera and Merenia. Kieran and Finlay jumped out and waited ready on the side of the road. I made about 6 passes as fast as I could and sprayed their squeally forms with water. Fraser thought we were crazy. I wished he could drive so I could be with the other three!
1535 The wet kids came inside and changed out their uniforms and then settled to their respective stuff; K=PS2, FNY= Kieran's computer, FRS+ Lounge Computer and Merenia read to Will on the couch. I updated this and read the education blog.
1620 I went and brushed my teeth and Les got home. After a quick chat and a chance to admire Wills new glider I left for the detist.
1640 My dentist filled the hole in my tooth. Finlay and Fraser went home and Merenia played on the lunge computer. Les made dinner (Chicken Tonight Honey Mustard).
1705 I picked up some milk and stuff at the fruit and vege shop.
1715 I got home unpack the groceries and took Finlay school bag over to him. And then cleaned out the fridge so I could fit the fruit and vege in.
1730 We ate dinner. The kids had Milos and Marshmallows for pudding.
1800 I curled up in a ball on the couch. Les tidied up the kitchen. Merenia reading. Kieran in the shower. Will making trouble.
1830 Merenia gives me a back massage and we have a silly converstaion based around the song who let the dogs out. Les changed Will for bed.
1900 Will had a drink, Merenia went to tidy her room, Les on the computer and Kieran in his room.
1930 Will to bed, Merenia to bed. Kieran looking for edible garden stuff on the net. Les getting changed to go out.
1940 I'm on the couch just chillin. Kids all in bed. Les catching up with workmates at the Mess.
2000 Greys as background noise I'm on the computer watching trade me auctions. :-) And winning some new Sassafras stuff.
2245 Les gets home I am working on my 365 on the big computer so he sits down to the laptop. I finalise my order with scrapbook outlet (to go with my trademe scores). And buy this months Digi Files.
2335 Les goes to bed. I am finishing up my 365 and todays post for the WITL. The Dentists work is making an impact so I take a couple of panadol.
2359 I go to bed.


Weather: Scattered rain, clouds, cool.

Cool: Chocolate Caramel Slice. Getting my tooth filled.

Not Cool: my headache, sore, numb face.

On my mind: my headache.

Photos: 264 and 3 movies! (Merenia had the camera at school)

Mid way musings:
  • As is usual when you try and have a typical week it is anything but.
  • It's not much fun this time around because Will and I are sick and the weather is a downer.
  • I am not feeling motivated to take as many photos as last time (I know I have taken a lot but it's not all it could be).
  • Really pleased to have sent the kids and Les to school/work with the other cameras.
  • Places have been on mind and making sure to capture the dairy, bakery, school, base and around our home.
  • I would like to find a better way to document, in writing, Les and the kids days when they aren't home.
  • I should document spending and health related actions for this as they are both things that we want to work on. To come back to this after a year and find that we are in the same space (or perhaps even a little worse than last year is both disappointing and motivating.
  • It would also be interesting to note regular reading by all the people in our household: Will's favourite book at the moment is 'The Vinyl Book'. I am reading Scrapbooking magazines for relaxation. And an educational blog for learning purposes. As well as a number of blogs that I will document in the album which I read each day/week as a matter of habit. Considering I don't get that much out of some of them I should probably review these with a view to cutting back. Merenia is reading Calvin and Hobbes, Lemony Snickett and Perfect Ponies for fun and school readers for 'work'. Kieran is reading the Sunday paper, Buck!, a Rugby Magazine, and a book of Foul Football facts. Les is reading the newspaper, the School trustees handbook, KiwiBlog, whaleoil.
  • Trade Me and Etsy are time sinks and I probably buy less than 1% of what I put on my watchlist. But I do want those pom poms!
  • I am finding it difficult to concentrate and will often skip to my mail or watching Grey's or writing a blog post in the middle of reading an article.

No comments: