Sunday, September 13, 2009

Les' Birthday

I am in serious catch-up mode. It seems weird to write about stuff that happened in July when it is already September... but more than anything I write this blog for me... and it's me that will be scrapbooking this event and you can bet when I finally get to it my memory will be a lot more addled than it is today! So... Les' Birthday (23/7- in case you were wondering)

Les is super hard to buy for because he likes to do stuff that costs a reasonable sum of money... and even the parts are generally beyond my budget. Not to mention if I went to Matt and asked for a servo he'd need a few more details than I'd know to tell him. So Les had just a few pressies some of which he asked for and some of which he could have easily predicted because they are tradition (Cashews, Milk Bottle Lollies, Wings Mags).
But we also surprised him with a few books one of which was letters from a gentleman in a Prisoner of War Camp in Austria written to his niece to explain what was going on. Les' Dad was in a POW camp in Austria so I figured he'd find it interesting and it's a kids book too so K, M and W will enjoy it as well.
We had Roast Pork with all the trimmings for Dinner and two flavours of Cheese Cake for pudding- it was the kids first time trying that they liked it- Les has competition now :-). Les seemed pretty happy.

No comments: