Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week in the Life 2009 Day 5 - Friday

0515 Will wakes up and spends 30 minutes griping about being told to go back to sleep.
0545 I pick-up Will to put him in with us and find he is all soggy. Go to the loo, grab him a change of clothes, change him and snuggle up for a drink. Will doesn't go back to sleep but wriggles and squirms between us both till 6:30 when he wiggles all the way out of bed to go find Kieran and Merenia.
0645 I get up to have a shower and Les gets dressed and ready for the day.
0700 Dressed and ready to face the day I get breakfast and so does Les, we both share with Will.
0720 Finlay and Fraser arrive. All the kids are sitting with eyes glued to the screen.
0730 Les leaves for work. I take Will to get him dressed.
0800 We sort out lunch orders and I pay out a LOT of cash in pocket money.
0818 We leave for school.
0830 Will and I head for the Mad Butcher and pick-up a bunch of stuff for the next couple of weeks dinners- I wish they would have a special on something other than Chicken though! Will enjoys driving the kiddy car.
0900 I have enough stamps for a free drink so Will and I go to Starbucks and then head for home.
0915 I get Will some of his own breakfast and then we do some stuff around the house. We read a bunch of stories and talk about the Helicopters we hear flying around outside.
1030 We spend some time in the spare room I look longingly at my scrapbook supplies and Will does some drawing. I am hanging out to be not tired, not sore and not with a toddler so I can create!
1100 Will and I make Jam sandwiches and sit down to eat them.
1120 Will has a drink and doses so I put him in his bed. He screams while I cook myself some kidneys for lunch (I must be low on Iron because I generally crave kidneys and black pudding when I pregnant or run down (I'm NOT pregnant).
1230 Will is still crying but I know he needs to sleep and having let him sleep in my arms means that it will take a week or so before he gets back into the habit of settling quickly. I get the mail my books have arrived from the UK Hooray!
1300 The wind is full-on and it hasn't rained in ages so I hang out the washing. Will has still not gone back to sleep and it sucks to listen to him scream.
1322 Couldn't fit all the washing on the line so I hope it dries fast!
1410 I pick up Will and sit with him on the couch. We read the new ABC book- he loves it.
1445 We leave for school and stop to get Gas at the Gull- Will love the petrol station because he can see the pictures of gulls.
1513 Finally Elliot makes it to the car and we drop him off and then head for home.
1527 Jake arrives just after we do and the boys head outside to play with Jake's water toy. Will enjoys playing with the big boys. I bring in the washing. Merenia unpacks her bag for the holidays and grabs a snack.
1550 I bring a soggy baby inside and change him. The boys get on the computer and Merenia and I talk homeschooling.
1645 Les gets home and Merenia and I head out to Spotlight, Harvey Norman and NZ Scrapbook- the only thing we get is photos. Kieran plays on the computer. Les hangs with Will and makes the dinner.
1810 Merenia and I get home. Will and I look at the photos and I have to read the Lawn Mower book four times.
1840 Dinner is ready. Sausages and wedges.
1900 We all watch Shortland Street.
1930 Will goes to bed and we all watch America's Next top Model. During which Kieran wins auctions for the last two Power Play Cards- Hooray!! And I work on some new mini story albums for Will and another Mini Rugby album for one of the other team members.
2030 The kids go to bed. Les and I watch Rove together.
2200 We watch 7 Days while each working on the computers.
2300 I go and bind Will's two new mini books- I LOVE my bind-it-all.
2332 We go to bed. :-)

Weather: Crap again, windy, rainy, horrible. But lucky for me dry and windy enough to get the washing dry in about 2 hours.

Cool: My books arrive from the UK- Pressies for the babes on the way and a new Chuck Murphy book for us (and it rocks!) I should hide it for Christmas/Birthday but it's TOO cool!

Not Cool: My face, neck, tongue and my head hurt- not sure if it is post dentist or just some sort of infection. I'm knocking back panadol and ibuprofen.

On my mind: School- and it's not positive!

Photos: 111

No comments: