Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week in the Life 2009 Day 2- Tuesday

5:00am approx. Will woke and spent the next 45 minutes asking for Booby, Mum and Dad in ever sadder voices. And I spent it telling him to lie down and go to sleep.
5:45am-ish Brought Will in with us for a drink and dozed. He didn't really doze but proceeded to cuddle up to Les as close as possible and do his usual which is like a slow form of a crocodiles death roll. Then he came to do the same with me.
6:30am Will tries to head out of bed and I give him another drink. He dozes off as do Les and I. The kids are just getting up.
7:00am I roll out from beside Will and get dressed and eat breakfast while reading mail and blogs. The kids are watching Scooby-do and Finlay and Fraser arrive.
7:20am Les is up and dressed. I take a photo of Will and wake him in the process.
7:30am Les leaves for work. I get Will dressed and give him rice bubbles for breakfast.
7:45am The kids start a game of Hide and Seek Will tips his bowl down his front. I clean up the mess and then put Will in his second set of clothes for the day.
8:18am time to go to school.
8:30am Picked up Elliot
8:45am dropped kids to school. Head to super market and pick up gifts and stuff for dinner. Dropped by the cheapy store to pick up a gift bag, got some plane stickers for Will and some Saddle Club Stickers for Merenia and then Starbucks for Nicole, Les and I. Dropped treats to school. Saw Les coming in for a meeting with the property guy. Put Frap in Les' car and headed home with a brief stop to look at Helicopters on the way past base.
10:00am Home, unload and put away groceries. Will had a yoghurt. Checked the mail- Merenia's horse books have finally arrived, the letter from the MOE about homeschool and the October issue of Healthy food guide are also there.
10:45am Then as he was super cranky Will had a boob and went to sleep. I watched Grey's and did some reading on the computer because I thought that Will needed the sleep. Les still at school doing property Commitee stuff and catching up with Gregg C.
12:30 Will wakes up. I make French Toast for lunch and Will hangs out on the dishwasher. Will sits and shares the toast.
1:00pm I stripped Will down and filled up the bathroom sink so that I could keep Will entertained while I cleaned the bathroom. When we were done I tried to fill up the bath but there was an issue with the water. Will and I got dressed again and called Les.
2:30pm We left to go see Les at work (there are some Iroquois up from Ohakea that Will wanted to see)
2:50pm we leave to get some petrol before school pickup.
3:00pm Merenia goes to Alyssa's, Kieran goes to Jakes. We drop Elliot home and stop at the Fruit and Vege store before we head home.
3:30pm Finally home Finlay goes on the computer while Fraser messes around. Will looks at books while I work on the Laptop and watch Greys.
4:15pm Will and I head outside to watch the Iroquois that were flying about and say hi to Cam ("Am") and Ali next door.
4:45pm we come back inside to get some dirt out of Wills eye and he has a bottle of milk. Finlay and Fraser go home.
4:55pm I catch Will dripping milk out of his bottle to give to Ruby.
5:00pm Catch Will on the kitchen table looking at stuff he shouldn't be. Tell him off and he cries. So I have time out.
5:10pm Les gets home from work. Les took over Will reponsibility they played together and Les changed his nappy. Les and I had a heated discussion about the school, the BOT and the direction that it is headed in. We had to agree to disagree, which is weird becuase we are on the same side.
6:00pm Les got Will dinner and I sorted out his smoothie for pudding.
6:20pm Les and Will left to pick up the kids from Jakes and St Johns. They caught up with the dogs at Jakes and saw the trophies that the kids got at the recent St Johns competition. Les drops the Dawsons home and then comes home. Meanwhile I have messed around enjoying the empty house and had a shower.
7:30 Dressed I get Will ready for bed and give him a drink while Les makes BLT's for dinner. Kieran is working on some school work and Merenia is looking at her new books and Saddle Club stickers.
8:00 Dinner is ready, I put Will to bed.
8:10 Merenia goes to bed. Kieran makes a hot chocolate for his desert. Les is on the computer and I am on the laptop doing this and writing a blog post.
9:30 We started watching Outrageous Fortune. The episode after the one where Wayne and Cheryl's son died.
10:30pm I went to bed, Les stayed up messing around on the net till 2am!

Weather: Wet and rainy morning cool but settled afternoon.

Cool: getting a cute little cupcake holder for free at the supermarket!

Not Cool: Headache. Early wake-up

On my mind; Education, Maths and high school. Relationship dynamics. Our school, the New Zealand Government and uprisings! Baby Loss.

Photos: 191

No comments: