Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Apron Love

There's something about Spring that makes me all enthusiastic for 'stuff'. New stuff, old stuff, cleaning stuff, new ways of doing stuff and so on I have been meaning to write a post for a while now of 'stuff' that I am loving.... but there's SO much stuff that I am loving it's hard to put it all in one post.... so I figure I'd do a few, in no particular order.

I currently have a thing for Aprons. Yes, you heard me right I'm into aprons at the moment. I'm also coming out as liking pink, orange, and yellow, and lusting after a particular tablecloth.

I don't have an apron at this time and to my knowledge I have only ever owned one apron. The one that I had was brown gingham (I think it had to be brown to go with our green DNI school uniform). It had a half circle pocket in the middle and my name was chain stitched in red on the pocket... I was the only one with my name on mine (ever the individual). We did have a culture of aprons in my house my mother (Sharon) made and wore her own. I'm not sure what has sparked my current 'thing' for aprons but I can tell you it's love...

There are 22 pages of apron goodness on Etsy and about 8 pages on trademe (once you weed out the kids, tools, BBQ, and naughty maids aprons (sorry to disappoint Les). Here is a selection of aprons that rock (and some that don't). I have tried to link back to the original just click on the photo.

First up for making your own aprons these 'great' patterns...

This has to be the ultimate if you need a hat to match your apron- surely a necessity for UV protection for outdoor apron use and more formal apron wearing occasions, when you would of course compliment with the bag as well!


For the lady who likes a somewhat ostentatious apron...


Sew Easy! My sort of apron (it feeds my inner yearning to be a 50's housewife).


Some of these aren't technically the apron I'm into at the moment but I love them for various reasons

Like the fact that someone somewhere took the time to embroider them... who? where? when? what is their story?, what is their history? What have they seen? (Probably backyards in the case of these two babies but I am sure they still have stories to tell).



This apron I love the shape of... I mean why go for the basic curve when you can have zig zags?


Brown, roses, rick rack, woodgrain. Need I say more?

A variation on the zig zag them with complimentary garishness!

Any apron worth it's salt will have a pocket. But why stop at one....


Sadly I failed to find a Macrame Apron (I didn't look too hard)... but this Crochet one makes up for it for sure!

The style says Mrs Sullivan and the print says what the f@#*?

(I loved The Sullivans,I wanted to be Kitty Sullivan but alas my hair never looked good in two high pony tails!)

Put on my roller skates, take me to a diner, crank up the jukebox and afterwards lets go to the drivethrough.... I'll wear my Apron--- Hi!

I loved Happy Days too, can you tell??

These aprons I would wear.... despite my new found love for pink, orange and yellow, I am at heart a green girl so I'll be on the look out for these babies....

Great pocket.....
Mmmmmm, Rick rack!


Yummy colour.... I can see that over jeans on the school pick-up run!


Fantasy Aprons.... where all my apron dreams come true....

Spots rock....

If I looked this cute in an apron I'd wear one all the time!

Another great pocket. And fruit Rocks too.... love the tiny strawberry print!

This picture does not rock but that vintage apron with roses does!

Even better, vintage, roses, AND Yellow....

My top three aprons of Sunday Night (when I wrote this post).... drum roll please....

In at number three....

Cherries and Gingham in Pink. Yum.

Number 2 (or is it first equal) Running with scissors Vintage Apron the etsy description says it all: This cute half apron has a whimsical print of scissors cutting paper dolls and flower garlands. The waistband and pocket is baby pink. There is black bias binding trim.

My ultimate Apron of the 6th September 2009

Full-on print waist band with over size rick-rack, HUGE pocket made from vintage hanky, plus a secret hidden pocket, sweet little girly-girl flowers, green stripes and that fabric- that's my sprt of apron.

(There's matching kids size one in her store as well... matching mother and daughter aprons. Mmmmmm)

No comments: