Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Good Scores

I try and drop by our local op Shop at least once or twice each fortnight. Lately I have picked up some cool stuff including a couple of tops, a funky table cloth and ....

These went ti Miss Wendy and Vienna.


I love Carltonware... I wouldn't collect it because we've got nowhere to display it so there's no point. This piece matches as little jug that I have it's a bit chipped around the edges but still pretty!

We don't have a dinner set and I have been on the look out for something cheap by cool for a while. These bamboo plates are just my thing, kind of kitch, great for steak and salad and I got 6 entre sixe and 6 main size so very cool for grown-ups trying to eat less and kids.

The last score wasn't from the op shop but actually a freebie from the side of the road someone had dumped their breadmaker. We brought it home to see if it would work and it didn't. Les opened it up to find it was just a belt which he then fixed and now we are enjoying the results. Well sometimes we are anyway... there have been a couple of total fails and one where the belt slipped and I just had to take the dough and make the bread the old fashioned way. Kieran is the chief bread chef- he's really getting into cooking lately which is great! Pretty cool for free (just wish it wasn't BLUE!)

No comments: