Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Days Are Numbered

At the moment it's just the three of us at home during the day so I am still spending the afternoons snuggled up on the couch with this wee hottie. We were to be joined by Baby Jake but his mum had an accident towards the end of the holidays and is currently still working from home with the help of her Mum to look after Jake because she is in a wheelchair.

But once Jake does start with us Will and I will have to give up this afternoon ritual. I must say since summer kicked in with full force this is actually somewhat of a relief as being surrounded by couch and pillow as well as 13kg of Will and a big fat pillow in my lap makes for a somewhat sweaty and sticky combination.

That said I will be a little sad to not have this calm quiet time together each day.

The plan is to give him a small bottle of milk and try and keep up till after school. And then settle him down either on the couch or in a bed so he can have around 1 and a 1/2 hours nap. If it will work remains to be seen. I should be trying already but I'm just not keen to start until I have to. It's just another part of his babyhood that I have to say goodbye to.

No comments: