Sunday, June 21, 2009

Three Unphotos and a Funny Story

Unphoto No. 1; this is the photo I didn't take when I was driving down the main road toward the shopping centre. There was a car on a side road on my left waiting to turn onto the road on which I was travelling. As I approached the car a hand swung down into view and an arm hanging out of the bottom of the cars boot. I stared in shock and creeping horror and then relief as the road worker, all but his arm obscured by the cars rear tyre, finished inspecting the road and stood-up.

Unphoto No. 2; Les came home at lunch on Friday. I had just done the fortnights supermarket shopping and needed to put it away and also get two loads of washing on the line whilst simultaneously corralling, feeding and putting to bed the baby whom I did not want on the wet grass. So Les took the baby and the shopping leaving me outside under tg fhe washing line. Whilst the day was crisp the sun beat down warm on me and a thermal moved directly over our house lazily circling and enjoying the updraft of warm air was a Harrier Hawk about 50 metres or so above. A called Hawk loving dad and bird loving son out to check it out. As I did another Hawk joined the fun. We watched the birds do a circling dance above the neighbours house. Eventually one flew off leaving the other circling some more. And then we saw it. It ejected fast from it's body and then disapated seeming to vapourise as gravity pulled it to earth. A hawk taking a dump- now that's not something you see every day.

Unphoto No 3. We did a quick run down to the Balmoral Warehouse yesterday (we're looking for some particular chairs). As we were driving back home along St Lukes Rd We passed a store that had a sandwhich board outside with two sets of orange and yellow balloons attached to them. Just as our car approached one set of four balloons detached and flew into our path bounced off the front of the car and over the top. Will and Merenia both missed it which is a pity because it was a pretty cool moment.

Finally the funny story; Kieran and I went out recently to look for Lemony Snicket and other books. We went to Wheelers book store in Triton Drive, Albany. As we were driving back down Triton Dr Kieran was checking out his surroundings and announced; "Barbarella's" and then "Sexyland" as the large sign on the side of the building proclaims. I laughed and said, "Do you think you wanna check out Sexyland?" to which he replied; "No, but I'd like to go to Funky Town!"

No comments: