Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Phew

I feel like I'm coming out the other side of a hurricane or coming up for air after a wave has crashed down on me. In actual fact the hurricane lasted about 2 weeks and started when Will got sick with yet another cold... I tell you it really bothers me that he is so susceptible to catching colds. I'm not sure why it is so, the other 2 were never like this. I guess the highest likelihood is that it is the house and all the mouldy crap we have living in our walls or it could be that it's his make-up and he's just more prone to getting colds... where Kieran as a toddler used to get a lot of Gastro bugs!

Anyway I digress after Will got sick I also got sick and added to that I had Kieran home for a couple of days with a cold and also Merenia home with just sheer exhaustion of daily life which seems to have got stuck into the kids really early this term.

During this whole phase I got NOTHING done, zip, zilch, zero, nix nada and I feel a bit like I am all over the place because of it. I have 1000 photos waiting to be 'processed' (dated, deleted, sorted for printing/scrapbooking, uploaded and filed), I need to get Will's 18 month review done asap. I also have a few personal scrapbooking projects that I want to get finished so they are off my plate- including finishing the reorganisation of my scraproom. Then of course there's the basic day-to-day stuff which is a given but has also remained undone for the last few weeks and Will and I need to get back into a routine as music and dancing and all the other fun stuff that takes some effort has all gone by the wayside. Aaaarrggghhh!!

Something I have been grateful for through all of this (other than Les) is our menu plan.


It has made life so much easier because I really don't have to think much. It's all there in B & W on the fridge door. I know what to shop for, I know what to get out of the freezer and I know what fresh vege to pick up on the way home for school.... Yay!

We have a fish day (Thursday pay/shopping day), a vegetarian day and a chicken day each week. Easy dinners happen on the night we have Rugby Practice and St Johns Cadets. They consist of things like Noodles, Toasted Sandwiches, boiled eggs or Cuppa soup and toast. We are still eating too much meat and will need to cut it back when we review the menu for summer (or sooner) but even with that it really has been great and made life so much easier.

No comments: