Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Miss Writing

I don't actually consider myself a writer as such. Nor do I really see myself as an 'artist' but I tell you right now I am seriously craving some time and space to do both writing and art right now. I've got a few big blog posts to write and a letter to my husband as well as a few emails to various friends and family. To do this requires clarity of mind and the opportunity to concentrate- therefore it can't be done;
  • in the afternoon/evening when all and sundry are hanging around or
  • at night when I am dog tired,
  • can't be done one handed with a sweet little bundle sleeping in my lap as happens each day
  • and in that 50 minutes max that I get of sweet sweet freedom on the days that Will sleeps in is cot- there is a huge list of stuff that takes a higher priority than writing and creating.
This is an issue. Because I think that I may just be about to go CRAZY! :-)

And other random bits and pieces....

Check out this Jessica Sprague is doing a free online course for Photoshop and Photoshop elements users called Photo Editing: Frame-ups & Special Effects.

One of my dreams is in serious danger of not coming true. CK Media (who make Creating Keepsakes Magazine) are in the crap big time and so it looks like they aren't going to do Creating Keepsakes University any more after the end of this year. So I tell you I better win Lotto really soon or it ain't never going to happen!

Look what someone made me! Now I just need to figure out how to get me some!

Check out this scrapbooker- awesome skills, too much time on her hands.

I love Etsy but I avoid it like the plague because it's the worlds second biggest internet time sink (Flikr is the first). Which is why I like Miss PaperCakes- she finds cool stuff on Etsy and Flickr- and when it comes to cool stuff she's a girl after my own heart!

When Will and I were sick last month I spent our days on the couch reading this blog in it's entirity. The woman who wrote it spent a year doing everything that Oprah said on her show that *we* (the watching public) must do. Right down to buying white jeans.

That's it from me.... I'm sure there's other stuff that I wanted to share but as I write Outrageous Fortune is on so I gotta run...


1 comment:

shanlis said...

I love the 'Gypsy' page from 7Gypsies. I also enjoyed looking through the blog of the Malaysian scrapbooker 'with too much time'. What I especially liked about her pages were the way her culture came through in her art and designs. Makes me wonder what what I can do on my pages or perhaps I don't need to do anything special- perhaps our culture comes through unintentionally. I'm pondering that thought...