Monday, June 1, 2009

Round-Up ~ May

On our bookshelf this month....

Creating Keepsakes, Healthy Food Guide, THIS MONTHS Next!!!! THREE Artemis Fowl Books- really enjoyed these! A bunch of new to me scrapbooking books which I scored on trade me including 'The Organised and Inspired Scrapbooker' which I have been covetting for a long time! I also read 'Living Oprah' the blog.

Loving on the box....

Grey's Anatomy, Hell's Kitchen, NZ Top Model, Top Chef, Project Runway, NEW Season of Survivor- can you see a theme here??And I missed the Red Bull Air Races twice! Grrrrrrr!! Buzzy Bee not generally a slave to the screen Will does enjoy watching The Buzzy Bee Show.Yo GABBA GABBA! This is a kids show that is apparently big in the States and has won some great acclaim around the world. The Kids quite enjoy it and Will can say "Yo Gabba Gabba" Me I like DJ Lance Rock- because he does- Rock that is. In fact it's on as I write this and it's a Dance themed show so there's some dancing going on, look out for video soon- despite the death threats!

OOOHHH look how much TV that is- can you tell it's getting cold here?

Pressies For you...For me?

We brought scrapbooky stuff for Syl.

Germs and bugs and botherations....

Will had a cold, did I mention I am over them. I also solved Will's Nappy rash issue- TEETH Four of them big CHOMPY ONES! The kids have end of term grumpiness about 6 WEEKS early. I had my massage that I got a voucher from Les at Christmas for but I was coming down with Will's cold and the guy was really hard so it wasn't all that enjoyable in the end and I am still hurting 2 days+ later!

Today was good today was fun, tomorrow is another one...

May is Sylvia's Birthday hooray! Kieran went on Sticky TV and the Chiefs made the Super 14 Semi's (I got made to say that) Kieran had his first Rippa Rugby day and they won all three games. The Netball and Rugby seasons started. The Akurangis moved out after 14 years in their Married Quarter. Les got back fromWoodbourne. Merenia had her official St Johns enrolment ceremony. A night hanging out at Carol Anns with miss W, Paula and Lisa. We visited Miss Lily and Miss M and got visited by Machhi and Camo. We went and watched the Cheifs Semi at Dave L's place with Chris K, Aneil and Tash. And we watched the final (delayed) in the 6Sqn Joe room- the less said about that the better I think. And on the last day of the month we had a PJ Party/Games night at home.

Yum, yum, yum....

We have instituted a new 6 week menu plan which we just roll over now and it's working great from a getting dinner made and shopping done perspective and of course we only chose stuff that we like so it's all good. We had a takeaway night the night we didn't have the old lino and didn't yet get te new vinyl- everyone went somewhere different. Oh and Cinnamon Dolce Frappucinos- for me, these SURPASS CARAMEL. That is HUGE.

'It was on sale'....

IT REALLY was on Sale! Scrapbookers Delight had a 60% off closing down sale and though some of their stuff is still expensive at that price I did find some good deals.

Bugger!

Mother's Day- teach me to say I don't want any pressies. :-) Not kicking my Frap habit- curse you Cinnamon Dolce!!! Seriously, Niamh took the kids to school today (28/5), I have no reason to go out, but oh howI am craving that sweet cinnamony flavour, I am actually considering a special trip! Bad, bad Gypsy!!!!

Hooray!

NEW Vinyl in the kitchen and a great experience for Will the Vinyl layer's apprentice! Massey J3 Gold won their first game- must have been Pop's good luck vibe. The Whenuapai Year 4 Orions also won their first Netball Game. Merenia got Player of the Day in the second game of the season. Will scored a slide and a car from the Akurangis.

Etc...

I did some work at school with the kids for the BP Challenge. We got our cupboard and spouting fixed and a new electricity metre. We lit our first fire for the year. Les got glasses (mmmmm Handsome). Parent Teacher interviews.


You know who's good idea this was? Katie The Scrapbook Lady. Go check out her list of tasks to do at the end of each month as well.

No comments: