Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tiny Tales Untold Week 24


With the spoils from Ikea on hand this week I set about rearranging the play quarter of our lounge to add in a reading corner. It was popular before I even finished! And even the big kids sit there on occasion.



Together Kieran and I designed an apartment complex for the Lego Mini Figure Collection using a stiff piece of cardboard and some Ikea gift boxes with double sided tape.



We've had a fair amount of Rain in Perth lately and with it has come Rainbows! 
In fact when I say Rain we've actually had a freak Tornado and 2 'Storms of the decade' in the space of one week. The first one for which we had no warning was pretty 'stormy' and the second one which was totally hyped up was more like a storm in a teacup from our perspective, though others in the State got hit much harder. I'm not sure if I said it before but this State does nothing by halves and weather is no exception we don't just get rain we get "I'm gonna mess you up and beat you down RAIN" and it's the same deal with Sun, Wind, Clouds, Sunsets, and Electrical Storms.


Will strikes again.... at least it wasn't literally this time.




We went for an adventure around the neighbourhood to collect Autumn Leaves and also checked out some other goings on along the way.


Tama enjoyed being in the front seat for a change- he was like a little prince surveying the lay of the land. I made Will walk- he was like a grumpy, whiny little turd. :-)

We picked up one of these to bring home- they're yellow inside and grow 'wild' everywhere around here. The one I got was dark green and totally unripe- we'll have to get a yellow skinned one next time and see if they're any better.

No comments: