Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tiny Tales Untold 2012 Week 21

 I love this sign on the Old Guildford Hotel! Guildford is one of the older suburbs in Perth we drive there pretty much every Sunday on the way to Hockey- once the season is over I'm going to go up there and have an explore with my camera.

Sometimes Tama crawls off after Will during the day and I sneak along the hallway to catch them being good together. It doesn't happen too often and Will is rarely all that good with T when others are around preferring to deliver some 'attention seeking behaviour' onto Tama. But when they are good they are very very good.




The day before Tama's MRI I was feeling a little stressed about the whole General Anaesthetic risk and so we had a sweet day together where my little boy and I did everything he loves and just generally treated ourselves kindly.



I have to say the hospital was a little weird. We arrived early because our admitting time was right in the middle of Tama's usual morning sleep and we would have been driving right on the time he has his pre-sleep drink - also his last fluids before the GA. But we had to wait in an HUGE and very full waiting room full of kids and parents waiting for all sorts of radiology. Needless to say he didn't go to sleep. He was admitted and anaesthetic gel put on the backs of his hands in anticipation of the drip- hence the bandages. Then we spent a VERY long time waiting- I say very long it was about 3.5 hours- that is long when you have a small person in the midst of a waiting room full of people that is geared up for kids but not really babies (the floor was filthy). He did eventually go to sleep despite the noise and I got to sit very uncomfortably in the chairs and the noise holding 9kg of baby boy for an hour plus. Where it gets weird is that after I took him in and held him while they did the gas and kissed him goodbye I had two hospital volunteers look after me- take me to the 'friendship room' and very calm quiet place with comfy arm chairs and couches where 2 more volunteers bring you tea, coffee and biscuits.... exactly what I could have done with when I had Tama with me and totally didn't need while he was having his MRI! The scan took 45 minutes and I went back and sat with him while he was waking up gave him a drink and not long after he was good to go.


He was happy a larry and perky-as in the car on the way home playing peek-a-boo with me in the back seat!




 

Will was happy to receive the spoils of the day. :-)



The next day life was pretty much back to normal although I was glad Will was at school so we could take it really easy. Can you see him through the door in the sandpit... he's such a sweetie.






Oh look at this! We have other children. Both out of their caves and mingling with us plebs!




Kieran had a photography assignment due this week. He had to take a series of photos that showed progression. He got Will to uncover some buried treasure. To be honest I'm not sure what they are teaching them because I would have thought one of the early lessons would have been about framing the photos and not just taking them from the most convenient location to you as a photographer.



 

Friday I took my mini monkeys to the Observation platform that is alongside the airport. It was a good day for take-offs! We will have to go back another day for landings. Tama loved it he's right into his planes now.



After we grabbed Maccas for lunch on the way to go buy some new winter sheets. We stopped by Les' work to eat it and after lunch he had to inflate a life raft for checking so Will helped out and Tama enjoyed the results!












On Saturday Merenia had her State GaT test and we encountered the bear above... I am assuming her mother is not gifted. :-) While Merenia spent three hours having 1 hour and 40 minutes worth of testing (Education department not that gifted??)  we did some sight seeing and playground stops.



Canning Dam- pretty awesome.



Sycamore Seed Moustache! :-)


Snacks- yum!


Love this kids eyes- click on it to make it bigger they are amazing!


Merenia's friend Britney came for a sleepover and I made Apple Pie baked in apples. I forgot to get pictures of them once baked- of course they didn't look as good as they looked on Pinterest anyway. :-) 

No comments: