Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Round-Up ~May

On our bookshelf this month....

Artemis Fowl I finished the 5 and 6th books this month. Really, really enjoyed them. Also read a short book called Caleb by Gary Crew who is an absolute favourite. Managed to flick through some of the new stuff I brought last month but still have a ginormous pile sitting beside my bed. It's not helped by the discovery of a new blog that I am really enjoying called Any Mommy Out There.

Merenia is reading Jacqueline Wilson books as well as the usual horsey stuff and really enjoying her fortnightly jaunt to the library bus.

Will's still doing Pamela Allen , Lucy Cousins and Lynley Dodd but has also discovered Bears in the Night.

Loving on the box....

The new Dr Who- yay much better than I expected, Underbelly, House, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, and finished watching Survivor 20 on You Tube.

Kieran, Les and Tony

For you...For me?

No birthdays this month- I got Juno and Grey's series 4 on DVD for Mother's Day and some chocolate peanuts.- which were later replaced with chocolate raisins. :-) I also got gioven a BLT Bagel and Frappucino for breakfast one day. And we sent some girly-girl clothes down to Machhi. And a few wee things to Harry and Sophia as well.

Germs and bugs and botherations....

Will had a tummy bug at the start of the month. Will squished his finger in a door which put us at A & E for 3-4 hours. Kieran had about 4 days off school with a tummy bug and what he describes as serious tiredness. Merenia got a black eye when she fell over and whacked herself on the dolls pushchair. (My back has been pretty good this month- yay!)

Today was good today was fun, tomorrow is another one...

We've had a super busy month the kids have been here there and every where with sports and friends. And Les has just been everywhere but here most weekends.

Merenia, Will and I had a lovely shared lunch with her Ukulele teacher and family when the three girls got together for a special 'master class'.

Will and I had a great afternoon at Waiake Beach together.

Kieran had a Rippa tournament. And he went to a Young Leaders Conference.

Alyssa slept over as did Jake and Tony, and Kieran went to Jakes a couple of times. He also got to go to the Chiefs vs. Blues game with the Godfrey's.

Dinner at Buger King when we had a Power Cut.

Had a quick trip to Starbucks with Joz.

Yum, yum, yum....

A super yummy tadoori chicken/beef with spinach, cucumbers and yoghurt and mint dip. We baked Cinnamon Oysters twice.

'It was on sale'....

Jeans! Hoo- freakin'- RAY! I was seriously walking around waiting for the moment my inner leg split on my jeans at the worst possible moment because the four pairs I had were all super worn. (I live in my jeans). A Wiggles DVD for Will which doesn't work on our DVD player (neither do the Grey's DVD's) grrrr. A weed eater for Will on trade me.

Finally scored a cupboard on trade me!

Bugger!

General feeling of blah which impacted on my WITL week.

Not getting my WITL book done in time to get it cheap from Snapfish.

Hooray!

A couple of wins at Rugby and Netball. Merenia got the skills award for netball.

Getting to see the Mother's day display at Whitcoulls in Queen Street.

Getting Will's Hospital story done in time to get it cheap at Snapfish.

Got a few digital pages done.

Will won a Blues Clues toy in a colouring comp in the paper.

Etc...

Lots of water shut offs due to broken pipes in married quarters. And a few floods due to the same and some HEAVY rain. Did my Week In the Life for 2010.

Really enjoyed playing Google PacMan

Joined Facebook.

Lit our first firs of the year towards the end of the month.

____________________________

Phew what a month!


You know who's good idea this was? Katie The Scrapbook Lady. Go check out her list of tasks to do at the end of each month as well.

No comments: