Sunday, June 13, 2010

Surprise!

Heading to bed a week or so ago I rounded the corner and switched on the light as I stepped into the room. And then jumped out of my skin as something the size of a two year old jumped on my bed at the sudden brightness of the room.

I could have sworn this wasn't the bed I put him in when I kissed him good night- I have no idea how he got there or when. Normally he's much louder- especially since his 'darling' older sister made him scared of the dark. We hear the thump as hits the floor running a building thunder moves swiftly down the hall way. With a dramatic flourish and a heart stopping bang as it hits the way the door is flung open and then all too soon he's there at my side of the bed and I am up (without even realising some mornings) making space to let him pass by to the most precious of all, Daddy.

No comments: