Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Food things

We have been enjoying a variety of yummy food things lately (some more than others):

Fruit Smoothies!

Tandoori Chicken Salad

Which is super easy and super tasty. A hand full of baby spinach leaves each. Two Lebanese cucumbers sliced thinly lengthwise. A hand full of snow pea shoots (we cut them down into smaller pieces for smaller people. One lemon wedge.
Add chicken breast cut in strips and marinated in 2T Tandoori paste (I chuck it in the bag in the morning and leave it all day- but even just rubbing it on before you fry it works as well. We use Pataks because it comes in a jar and we make this quite often now). Lay the chicken on the greens and then top with Yoghurt, Cucumber and Mint Dip. Bread is extra if you want- considering the minimal green consumption by our smaller set the bread is needed.


And we do a beef version too (depending on what me old mate the mad butcher has on special).


Sushi with Mum.


Sushi with Dad (Compost for the plants to eat).

And some baking- cinnamon oysters eaten I think before pictures could be taken. :-)

Don't forget to whole headedly lick the bowl!

I'm just in the process of updating our winter menu sheet with some new favourites and some new (to us) things to try courtesy of healthy food guide magazine. I also have to hunt down some good kiwi pie recipes- I have been remiss and I believe I have to catch up 3 of each (savoury and dessert) pies for our 2010 hunt for the best pie. We did try a venison, red wine and blueberry pie on Saskia's birthday though which was quite good- not made by me though.

No comments: