Saturday, June 5, 2010

Holiday Weekend Go Slow

I've been waiting forever for this weekend I am knackered, sad, overwhelmed and quite simply over the kids at the moment. I totally get respite care and would make a mental note to myself to help offer it once mine have all left home if I thought my brain would remember it.

The interenet whilst glorious in all it's wealth of information is also full of stinkin' crap and most days will never take the place of a good book (most teachers would do well to remember that). But every so often you find an absolute treasure amongst the mire. Some incredible writer or artist who makes you gasp, or laugh or cry- or all three so you choke on your porridge. Last week I found Any Mommy and ever since I have been working my way through her posts from start to finish. I have laughed out loud often and shed the odd tear as well. I have had to read outloud various posts to Les in part and emailed him across the lounge with links to others to read in whole. It's soul food for parents. It's freakishly like "This is your life: Gypsy Stockley With you played by someone called Stacey and we had a low budget so the kids don't look anything like yours - but the stories are strikingly similar"

So rather than read me this weekend go read her;

Funny:: It Just keeps getting better and better
What does 'Kill Me Now' Start With
Too Much Information
The Fisher Of The Turds

Poignant: Stop Thief

Thought provoking:Threads (I am totally humbled by this post- I resolve to read it often and endeavour to remember and act accordingly).
_________________________________
Blogis Interruptus:

There was a noise when I was writing this post. A smallish splash.
And then a gasp.
Crying.

I rushed to the kitchen and surveyed the scene.
Will's bowl of Honey Puffs empty.
The table full with milk and puffs.
Will and the table spotted and splashed with Milk and Honey Puffs.
I pull him out from the table so that the tide of milk can leak on the floor and not the boy.
I go for a tea towel and return to wipe the table and floor.
I finish and turn to Will- whatever he did, however he did it- he managed to get milk and honey puffs from his eyelashes down- he has honey puff tear drops on his cheeks punctuating his sadness that his first breakfast has been lost.
I wipe his face down and he helps me pour another bowl of cereal easily happy again.

No comments: