Saturday, June 12, 2010

Into

I really like this picture and the concept in general.

We have a wooden chest in our lounge which I stash the bulk of our preschool toys and board books. Every so often I pull out the couch and get in there and swap out some of Will's current toys and books with some new ones. On this day I happened to lay out all the toys so I could see what I had and make sure I had a good balance. I like it because it provides a snapshot of what Will is into at the moment.

Lawn mower, weed eater and power tools are still very much the flavour of the day as are hand tools. Machines, planes, things with wheels, wings, action and noise. Dinosaurs, balls and music making tools. An etch-a-sketch for writing and drawing and typing and letters. And of course books, always books.

Also missing from this picture is the play cooking stuff and dress-ups which are also quite popular- they live in the bedroom and are permanently available.

I packed away his transmitter as he hadn't been all that into it. But at the same time I suggested to Les that their Tuesday evenings together they could spend some time on the flight sim. (K and I are at Rugby and Merenia Netball and St Johns). They are doing that so I had to get the transmitter out due to popular and rather insistent request.

May/June 2010 This is what Will is into.

No comments: