Monday, June 21, 2010

Booklists brought together...

So amongst my Post-it's and papers there are lots with book titles I assume that they have either been recommended by people or I have read a review and thought... hmmm yeah, maybe...

I can't speak for many of them as I don't believe I have got more than one... if you have and you have any thoughts then let me know in the comments please. (By the way the vast majority I believe are grown-ups books- no wonder I haven't read them).

  • The story of Lucy Gault by William Trevor
  • Bossom Buddies
  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • It looks better on you.
  • The Sinner By Tess Gerritsen
  • A Girl Could Stand Up by Leslie Marshall
  • Caesar The ANZAC Dog
  • Belief the Whistler By Stephanie Johnson
  • Student of the Weather
  • Mouthing the Words by Camilla Gibb
  • Tiny Ladies by Adam Klein
  • Good Harbor by Anita Diamant
  • High Tide in Tucson by Barabara Kingsolver
  • Peace like a River
  • Atonement
  • The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving
  • Time Enough for Love By Robert Heinlein
  • Gallilee By Clive Barker
  • Mutant Message Downunder
  • Dirt Music By Tim Winton
  • Portrait of an Artists Wife
  • Double Take by Emma Neale
  • Mixed Blessings
  • Restoration, Music and Silence By Rose Tremain
  • Song of Exile By Kiana Davenport
  • Stone Fox by John Gardiner
  • Use The Good Dishes by Elaine Dembe
  • The Essential Montessori By Elizabeth Hainstock
  • Homeschooling Montessori (on a list written in 2002)
  • No Matter What By Debi Gliori
  • Hooray for Diffendoofer Day By Dr Suess with Jack Pretlutsky and Lane Smith
  • The Butter Battle Book By Dr Suess
  • Honey Biscuits By Meredith Hooper
  • We were the Mulvaney's By Joyce Carol Oates
Also on my list was the whole of Oprah's Book Club Library of which I have read 7 books- no mean feat considering Merenia must have been a baby/toddler at the time.

Random Notes; On the some of the papers.
"(The one before black + blue) "
" "Say Thank-you" "
"Something from Nothing"

Some times I feel like I have dementia- what do these scribblings mean?- what did they mean?

2 comments:

Miss Wendy said...

Hey,

I have lists like these too!

I can help a little:

Honey Biscuits is a gorgeous children's book with beautiful paintings - one of my favourites.

Something from Nothing is also a children's book, again a gorgeous book with amazing art. A little hard to get here, I think I got mine from Amazon - another one of my favourites.

Unknown said...

Well, I think I take the blame for the Heinlein and Irving suggestions. You want some more, just let me know! :-)