Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Random Musings

In my meandering around the web I have come across some noteworthy stuff...

Kraftbomb a Craft market that happens once a month or so in Grey Lynn, Auckland.

Craft 2.0 The Blog; These guys and girls also run indie craft shows and other such stuff in Wellington and Christchurch. When I say craft shows I mean as in craft for people to buy as opposed to stuff that crafter's want to buy to craft with. I'd be seriously keen to go to the Fabric-a-brac in November!

Toggle; An online store which has collected some of NZ's best artists and crafter's; Look out for; Sarah Neale, Trixie Delicious, Birdsong, Yoozzoo, Sugar Loop, Luxford St, and Nut and Bee.

Nut and Bee; I love their Amigurumi and rubber stamps best.

Zen Family Habits
; Leo from Zen habits has launched another blog along with Sherri Kruger and other contributors.

I enjoyed Sarah Fain's post on Roman Polanski... if you can enjoy such a thing.

I saw this quote on the Happiness Project Blog and thought; "Hell Yeah!";

“Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.” --Henry David Thoreau

We just got Animal Babies A to Z on Goodbooks- it rocks!

I liked this quote on Jim's blog as well; "It’s not the lens, or the body, or the flash. It’s not the equipment. It’s the light, the patience, and the trigger finger"

Have you checked out Katie lately? What about her boyfriend Matt's website. I love the videos on the Katie page- they make me swoon... I'm a romantic at heart. You should also check out Reservoir Santa's on the North Pole Page it's NOT for kids though!

I read a line in Matt's writing that I liked as well it talked about growing old but staying young- which is a great idea and reminded me of an article I read in Next Magazine recently which talked about 'standing in love' which is what you need to work on once all the heady falling in love stuff is done.

While I was looking for something else I found this rather cool and useful (for scrapbookers) site of colour palettes. I never did find the site I was looking for though- it allowed you to choose your own pallette and from the colours you chose brought up heaps of photos (possibly from Flickr) with your chosen colour(s) in them... do YOU know the one that I mean?

If you like vintage images then you should check out the Clearly Vintage blog... lots of cool old Halloween postcards on there at the moment.

If you are a parent who wants ideas for creating meaningful stuff for your children then Friday Letters is a good place for inspiration. You can just pick and choose what's important to you and I think some of these questions could be adapted for asking your own parents or other family members.

I'm sure there's more but that'll need to do for now!

No comments: