Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lessons Learned

Lesson one is more of a reminder than a lesson; Just because it's what an item is 'usually' used for doesn't mean that's what is 'has' to be used for.


You or I might use the sidewalk chalk to draw on the drive way or make hopscotch boards or 4 square games.


But Will uses it for practising putting things in.


And putting the lid on. Duh!

Lesson two is a hard one to learn and I have to keep learning it over and over again; A small mess to clean up is a reasonable trade off for getting a job done.

I had been meaning for ages to get the roses weeded and plant some seedlings around the base of them but really thought it was better to do it when Will wasn't around. But when he was playing with the chalk I just started pulling a few little weeds out and one thing lead to another.

And eventually it was all done. The trade off to getting the job done was cleaning up afterwards...


Because while I was working someone got all muddy from helping.


And all wet from watering.


And stripped down to just nappies.

It was a good trade off though because I chucked him in the bath and sat beside him and read a magazine!- Sweet.

No comments: