Friday, July 3, 2009

Cool Stuff

I have a new policy. If someone asks me to donate to a cause or buy something in aid of a cause and I can reasonably afford to do it I do. This means $2 Lions Club Raffles, $1 at the super market checkout, topping up for plunket on my trade me auctions and such. It's just a little as often as I can but I am sure that it will all add up.

This guy on the other hand is doing a lot!

He's an Air Force Guy raising funds for The Save the Children Fund. He's going to Nepal to do some work there and is raising money to donate as well - pretty cool!

This day he did a 24 hour walk-athon on a treadmill outside school. He went from 3pm till 3pm (It was a really frosty night as well). The crew from Breakfast TV came out and spunky Tamati interviewed him and did some walking on the teadmill along with him too.

I am hoping the school didn't actually know about it in time to do any promotion because if they did I think it's appalling and dismal- a lot of parents drove right past the guys with the collection buckets that morning- that's pretty sad if you ask me.

While I'm on the subject of giving if I could knit I'd most certainly do this.

And about giving yourself a very thoughtful gift. Check out Future Me. This idea has so much potential.

No comments: