Monday, July 20, 2009

Certifiable?

Last term was l-o-n-g! There were a few things that were stressful (both good and bad) and there was some stuff that was just plain hard, hard, work!

The holidays were even longer and on Friday I ended up calling Les home in the middle of the day. Quite simply I haven't had any real sort of break in almost two years and I just wanted to do what I wanted to do for a change. But instead I was busy trying to do what I should do whilst contending with a guilt trip from Merenia who wanted a friend over and Will who wanted stories. Doing the stuff I should do was being complicated by other stuff that I had to do first because other people had done a half-arse job of their own stuff. This other stuff was adding too much time on a time poor and tired me so after kicking (and breaking) another cupboard door I went and headed into the bedroom to calm down in peace and quiet. At which point Will, safely esconsed in the lounge with Merenia, proceeded to scream bloody murder. And Merenia in turn screamed "SHUT UP!" at Will. I didn't want to come out but then I heard the noise a sort of scuffling bustling noise out in the hallway. So I came out, picked up the cat, stepped over the bird proceeded to the lounge where I emailed Les; "Come home: I need a break"

When he walked in I walked out.

I was heading for Starbucks to grab a frap and then go read my book for an hour or so but I ended up turning down the motorway. And then I couldn't get into the left lane to go down Lincoln Rd so I decided to resume my Starbucks plan but went instead to Lynn Mall where I also used the loo and got some yummy bread. I was incredibly friendly and hyper. I went to Warehouse Stationery to get a new craft mat for my desk because the old one has been buckled since forever (god knows why I didn't do this sooner, it's like heaven). And then I headed back towards home. I ended up going the slow way up the hill past the Waikumete Cemetary. As I was going up there was an Ambulance coming down. (It amazes me the amount of people who don't get out of the way of an ambulance with full lights, horn and sirens blaring!)

And then it happened. In a very 'Ghost Whisperer' type moment I wondered if the ambulance which was heading in the direction I had just come from was actully going to get me. I thought maybe that something had happened to me in the Mall and I was in fact now dead and my spirit hadn't realised that I was dead and had carried on as per normal. It would explain why that annoying sales guy hadn't approached me. I was wondering what would happen when I got home.

When I got home things were relatively normal. Les offered to stay home but I told him to go back to work he's busy at the moment as a ship is about to leave and his offsider has been sick and off work a lot.

But I've come to the conclusion that I am slowly going crazy, for various reasons. So I have teed-up a bunch of blog posts to share photos that I hadn't got around to posting and they will publish each day for about a month while I take a blogging break. And look after myself a bit better. And perhaps I'll try and teach that wee boy of mine to have a decent sleep in his own bed so I can have a bit of a break every day!

This came in my email from Woolworths online cool huh?

No comments: