Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spit balls and Insanity

Hey, it's me. I feel like I haven't blogged a flat out blog post in forever! I guess this one will be a little bit of a catch up and then I still have all the pics from the week Nana was here to share.

Here are the highlights of the past 6 or 7 days....

Spit Balls- Driving to rugby practice last week Merenia said; "You know there is one thing that you should never ever get because it's really bad"
Me: "What's that?"
Merenia: "Spit Balls!"
Me: "What?"
Merenia: Spit Balls, Yeah they are really mean and they bite and fight and all that."
Me: "Ahhhh Pitbulls!"

Wash before you Wear: I unpacked Kieran's new Pyjama's and pulled the stickers and stuff off them as I was telling Kieran that I'd need to give them a wash before he wore them.
"I know" he said "It says that".
Me (looking): "Where does it say that?"
Kieran: "On that sticker in your hand"
Me: "mmmm..."

Insanity: Insanity is.... getting as far as The Warehouse at New Lynn and suggesting that we can the planned Zoo trip for four and get Jake and Ashlyn over for a sleepover so we can take them as well. And then actually doing that!

Exploding Monkeys (or Siamangs if you want a ticklecality): At the zoo I learned that if the Siamang Monkeys who make noise by blowing up the skin in their mouths/throats will actually explode if they do it too big.... I learnt a whole LOT of other "When I went to the zoo..." and "When I had my zoo sleepover..." and other I-know-it-all type stuff... from a certain Miss A at the zoo as well. Between that and the Pokemon spotting game that was going on.... hmmmffff! I also learnt that it's a long way from Sea Lion Shores where ALL the kids are eating lunch (unrestrained) on the lawn to the Zoo Train with the lovely Frances (a lost 6 year old).

Oh there's so much more than this.... but I started this yesterday and it is now already tomorrow so I'm just going to hit publish and tell you the rest of the stories tomorrow.... night!


No comments: