Saturday, April 18, 2009

Child Psychology or why not to say "Don't throw Broccoli at your brother"

Three kids and I only just figured this out...

Initially babies understand more verbs and nouns. All the other bit's of language take a bit longer to understand.

So if I say "Don't throw broccoli at your brother and don't throw corn either!" Then Will hears;






This whole meal was actually quite funny. Somehow we got on the subject of dogs. Kieran isn't entirely enamored with dogs he's doesn't mind little dogs and dogs that he knows but isn't 100% sold on other dogs and he's been like that forever.

Merenia finds this amusing.

So I was telling them about when we lived in Nowra our neighbours, affectionately known as 'The Ferals', had two of those little yappy Pompom looking things that try and pass as dogs. Everytime we'd be out on the drive the dogs would go off and Kieran would say "The dogs are barking me"

Kieran and Merenia find this hillarious.

So I went on to tell them about one night when we came home to our place in Nowra and it was late and therefore dark and Kieran said "It's Mooning" (Morning, afternoon, evening... mooning... makes sense to me)

Kieran and Merenia find that HYSTERICAL! See....

While I am telling you cute Kieran things. Did you know that I used to say to Kieran; "Who's Mums best boy?" And then I'd add "Kieran Stanley Charles Stockley!" Which is what lead Kieran to think around the age of 2 that his full name was 'Kieran Stanley Charles Best Boy Stockley'. Cute huh?

And did you know when I was a little bit older than that myself I used to stand on the dining table and sing "Dancing Queen" and that great song by the Fifth Dimension; "Age of a Prairie Dog" You know the one?
"This is the dawning of the Age of A Prarie Dog
Age of A Prarie Dog
A Prarie Dog! A Prarie Dog!"

No comments: