Thursday, April 16, 2009

Les has left me...

...and the kids and he's having a baby with another woman.

I'm only half joking. Les has gone down to Woodbourne for 4 weeks to do a course. So it's just me and the kids for the school holidays and a couple of week after that. Although he is supposed to be coming home for the middle weekend- so really not a big deal except for maybe the Saturday morning that winter sports start- if netball and rugby are on at the same time I'm kind of stuffed!

Anyway this post is going to be a kind of catch-up catch-all post as I have a few cool things to show and tell....

  • Not sure if I told you, my Nana brought me soap from Dunedin... seriously over priced and not quite what I was after but super nice anyway.
  • We are on the look out for a cheap slide- the outdoor type made of plastic and about 5 foot high... Will has discovered the joys of climbing and sliding and the little slide we have in the backyard won't cut it for long. So if you happen to see one on a good deal then let me know. I guess less than $70 is a good deal.
  • Lemony Snicket... we got books 2,3,4, 7, 8 and 12 super cheap($7each) at the Warehouse and are now looking to complete the set... I'm sure there's some false economy in that deal but good quality children's books are my 'thang' even if we don't have the room to keep them. If you see any of the others for the same or less then text me, buy them and I'll pay you back... hard cover or soft cover is fine.
  • The mystery of the suspicious cat has been solved. Put simply she looked suspicious because she was suspicious. And now my pot cupboard is cleaner and tidier for it... I had been meaning to clear it out for a while but the arrival of the 'Mouse guest' meant I did it sooner.
  • The Mystery of the Missing Mouse Guest is still just that; a mystery... how did the mouse get in? How did the mouse get out? We sent our intrepid reporter, Ruby Puss, on a stake out over night in the kitchen but she came out empty pawed and empty mouthed as well. So it remains a mystery, but I believe if the mouse is still in residence in the kitchen the 'evidence' will mount in the pot cupboard and if not it will most likely remain a mystery forever more.
  • I've seen a couple of cool pictures lately. Like this one from Les taken when the Iroquois were up from Ohakea to help the Police Drug Squad.... If you click on the pic you'll see someone 'lost' a big stash!
  • And this one also from Les which I assume was taken by an RNZAF Photographer out the side of a Seasprite or the back of a Herc or something. It's the progress of the new motorway going on... pretty cool... if you need to orient yourself that's Hobsonville Base centre front.
  • Finally Les this is for you the Model Fliers World has arrived and we've all read it... you want me to post it down to you?


Well... I am sure there was more but I started this post at 9:33am and it is now 3:00pm and Will is in his bed thoroughly unconvinced at the need for an afternoon nap so if this is going to be the way the afternoon runs then I better run and do the essential 'can't do it so easily with a baby stuff'... plus I forgot what I was going to say anyway. :-)
Updated to say: Will now out of bed, sheets changed, Elmo in wash, and clothing discarded... yogurt vomit hmmmmm.... it was only a little nap he didn't need to get so worked up about it.

No comments: