Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Guest Post: Not such a Debacle

The news reported Saturday's Blues game at North Harbour as a 'debacle' because one of the neighbouring suburbs had a power cut that took out half of the Stadium... it lasted 35 minutes and some people left because of it... I say "HELLO????? get over yourselves!"... power cuts are a fact of life and if you have to be leaving a game because you can't sit on your bum and watch cheer leaders for 30 minutes or you have to go because your kids are 'cold and tired' 5 minutes into the game then perhaps this wasn't the place for you in the first place... most people would have a sense of humour about these things... the clearing up of the Tony Veitch situation means the media is once again scraping at the bottom of the barrel and making mountains and debacles out a molehills and fallen tree branches!!

That all said I didn't go to the game- Les was home from his course for the weekend and so he took the kids and as it was Merenia's first live match she's doing the reporting....

On the last Saturday of the holidays my dad took me and my brother to the Reds vs Blues game cause he just came home from his courses in Woodbourne he did it cause he was going back to Woodbourne on Sunday for another two weeks...

Anyway at the game I saw the Skycity cheer team do four routines one before the game two in the power cut and one at the end of the game.

At half time the score was 5-17 to the Reds.
At half time dad went to get a hot and chips to shear we also got a string and a packet of chips to share. At the end of the game it was 31-24 to the Reds.

My favorite score of the game was by Isaia Toeava because he got tackled then he got himself out of it and ran for like ten seconds then Bam!!! on the ground he went not because he got tackled because he scored my favourite try of the day My favourite players were Anthony Tuitavake, Isaia Toeava, Keven Mealamu, John Afoa, Jerome Kaino, Rudi Wulf, and Joe Rokocoko.

It was the coolest day of my life I can't wait till next time
.

While we were on the subject of Rugby, this weekend's Virtual Rugby Picks were shocking... although according to my Virtual Rugby email Merenia still did something right..."Your mates seem to know what they're doing - Stevielake picked up 0 points this week" Um WHAT THE???

No comments: