Monday, March 16, 2009

A Visitor: Guest Blog

I got an email on Saturday from 'Uncle Scott' and Wyatt about participating in a Flat Stanley project with a twist- I love Flat Stanley so was happy to have a visitor for a week. And so I downloaded Flat Scanley and helped him dress for his location. Here's his first email home...

Dear Wyatt and Uncle Scott,

Hello from Auckland, New Zealand!! To be exact right here: Lat:36°47'47.60"S Long: 174°39'22.25"E on Google Earth! The trip here was very fast butI have to say while being downloaded feels weird and being printed just plain tickles like crazy it beats envelope travel hands down.

I am not sure where to start to even tell you about this place... first up is it Autumn here not spring but it still feels a lot like summer that's why my host family got me some blue shorts and this All Black top.... it was just too hot for those trousers and long sleeves. Today is Sunday and my host family are just relaxing at home. They took me out in their garden so I could get some fresh air after all that cyberspace. It's really very pretty here and we saw a Monarch Butterfly- super cool.


After that I played a game of Backyard rugby with Kieran and Jake then we went inside to play lego.



Then we had a drink and a snack.


My host family is: Gypsy the Mum (that's how they spell it here), Les the Dad, Kieran (11), Merenia (8) Will 15 months and Ruby the cat. Jake is Kieran's friend he was just visiting.


This week I think I might go to school, go for some walks around the neighbourhood, a swim, and maybe check out the Air base where Les works. Next weekend Kieran has a Rugby muster (I don't know what that is but I do like Rugby already!!) and there is a Air show on so I'm going to check that out as well.

My host family has a blog and Gypsy has asked me to do a few guest posts so look out for me there too: down the right of way.

Guys this was just the best idea I think I am going to have a lot of fun and it's only just began.
Take Care,
Flat Scanley.

No comments: