Sunday, March 1, 2009

Round-Up ~ February

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Creating Keepsakes, Healthy Food Guide, THIS MONTHS Next Finished!!!! 'The Secret', 'Clean & Simple' and 'Clean & Simple the sequel' (Scrapbooking books-not good house keeping) both by the lovely Cathy Zielske . 'Henry and the Flea' By Brian Faulkner (this is a novel for children- I really enjoyed it- great for boys). 'Salt' by Maurice Gee- another kids book although I'd suggest for a bit older age group. Maurice Gee was my favourite children's novelist when I was a 'children' myself he's been surpassed now but definitely still in my top 10! This book reminded me of the O series of books... good vs. evil, rich and poor, black and white, nature vs. technology and all that good stuff. Another author in my kids top ten is Daniel Manus Pinkwater and I also finished one of his books on the day that Will was sick this month- 'Fat Camp Commandos'- which is lightweight and silly and fun along with having a good message in regards to weight issues. Also lightweight and silly and finished that same day was 'Utterly me, Clarice Bean' by Lauren Child. We really enjoy LC's picture books and this was my first time reading one of her novels it'd be a good read for the likes of Merenia- a middle school girl who is not the world's best reader but definitely into reading 'chapter books'

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

The new series of Burn Notice, once. Trial and Retribution (on Prime) love these!!! I have spent a fair amount of time with the TV off- usually my 'background noise' when Will is asleep- I will sometimes check to see what Oprah is on about but mostly it stays off. Merenia has had her time limited after school- and there's a few evenings it get turned off quite early as well... now if I stopped watching 'Shorty St' then we'd only have it on for the sports news!

What special days did I celebrate?

Muz'Anniversary, Valentine's Day. Missed Lisa C's birthday!!!! :-(

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

Charms for the Nielson girls, flowers from the aforementioned girls!

What illnesses or health concerns did we have?

A wicked set of bruises from my jaunt up to the roof, Will smacked his face three times in one day no bruises but one heck of a sad cute little bump! And he got a cold at the tail end of the month that made him miserable- who gets a cold in summer??

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Had a visit from Tara and Family. An evening walk. Kieran had swimming sports, a day at scrapbook camp.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

Lipton Iced Tea (it was actually last month but I forgot to say- I tried three different types all yum but LOVE peach the best!!) Not new but Greengages and coconut ice peaches were at our local F & V- yum, yum, yum! The new Dark Mocha Frap- quite yummy better than plain old choc and nice when you want to mix it up from good ole' Caramel... I'm suffering a little withdrawal from their yummy Christmas season flavour variety! It was always so hard to chose but oh so good to have a choice!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

A ticket for my Nana to come up and see us!

What were this month's disappointments?

Missing Lisa C's birthday!

What were my accomplishments this month?

Losing weight (a little- me, Lots- Les) , exercising often (Les), eating well (lots of fruit) and drinking lots of water! Making a point of giving to others.

Anything else noteworthy to record?

Raising lots of Caterpillars to 7 butterfly's with a few more to come!

No comments: