Thursday, March 19, 2009

Soap

I'm on the hunt for some nice, cheapish, everyday soap. I'm not big on the smell of any of the standard supermarket soaps. I am not in the market to buy 'posh' delicious soaps so I am in need of recommendations for a nice soap that doesn't smell like Palmolive and it's ilk.

My ideal soap is the Oatmeal soap that someone handmade which was sold exclusively yet cheaply at the Knox Pharmacy in Dunedin. It was really soft- and just smelt a little like porridge but was mostly unscented.

So if you have any ideas for me then please let me know... also if you know where I can get Scully's Lavender Sleep Aid relatively locally in Auckland then let me know!

Thanks!!

1 comment:

Gee said...

I soooo know what you mean, I can't stand Palmolive or that Protect soap the smell is very pungent(?). I suffer from ecezma and found it hard to get a decent soap with a nice aroma, that wouldn't irritate my skin and easy on the pocket. I use Cusson's Pure soap from Pak n Save for around $2-$3 a box of 5, they make a really nice oatmeal; one that could be found at any store but now I've only seen it at Mt Albert and that was few months ago...grrr