Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Act like you have kids...

The problem with most grown-ups is that they are just that- Grown UP! Being a grown-up or what most people *think* a grown-up should be is unimaginably boring sometimes. Hence my reccomendation... ACT like you have kids....


Having kids gives you permission in the form of 'a reasonable excuse' to stop and look at stuff.
You wouldn't actually need an excuse if the grown-up acting grown-ups just got over themselves but unfortunately sometimes you do- in fact sometimes you just can't get over yourself enough to happily get out of the car on the side of the road to look at diggers, and 'jack-up barges' and dead animals and different birds and construction and all sorts of weird and interesting stuff.
And so you look from a distance or you look at 50km/hr.


It's not good enough... act like you have kids in the back of the car and stop and check it out.


And if the interesting thing moves... then you move and get as close as you can... and if anyone asks just say I'm showing my kids and motion to the back seat of your car...

and if you don't have any kids back there they'll think you are crazy and leave you alone to enjoy in peace while they go off and do boring grown-up stuff.

Speaking of boring grown-up stuff my Nana arrives today (@10:30pm- yep I messed up from the start) so I have to go do boring grown-up stuff because I don't cope very well with condemnation and the less ammunition the better I say.

No comments: