Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tiny Tales from Week 12

As the weather has become less extreme we've spent more and more time outside trying to sort stuff out so the big backyard is tidy and more usable. Part of that mission has been trying to get rid of this stump which has been here since we moved in. It was a liquid amber tree that they removed to put in the new septic system. 

While it's here it's been a great climbing challenge for the little boys.

The soil/sand is very dry and brown out here.


I had a visit from Batman

Not really it's just Tama. :-)





I checked out some cute and daring guys in the playground while I was taking photos at Hockey.


 He moves to the beat of his own drum- that is for sure.

Tama was a dork.

We tipped the stump over so I could clean out the root ball in anticipation of a man with a chainsaw. I have to say it totally reminded me of a penis from that point on.


Tama and I worked on finding the buried sprinklers so that the handy man would do a good job of fixing them. The happy side effect of that was jumping in muddy puddles.



I discovered this little guy (a Gecko) who has a residence set up on the stump and we had a chat about the coming chainsaw.



And I warned him about these monkeys before he headed home.


 The dude with the chainsaw turned up... but it was the wrong guy and the wrong chainsaw.
Check out that lawn... wait till you see week 21!

No comments: