Monday, May 7, 2012

The Shocking Truth

I have something to tell you all.

The truth is out we told the kids at dinner tonight.

It was one of those situations where there was a pause in the conversation.

It lasted just a little too long.

It felt like it was the right time for a bold statement.

Or a confession.

I realised it was down to me to do it.

So I prepared the family. That there was big news.

And then I just came out with it.

Kieran's Pregnant.

Merenia is in the larval stage of becoming a whistling Kettle.

Tama is an evil genius.

Les is a woman.

I am running off to join the circus.

And then I was reminded that our family is a circus. My dreams for the future were totally crushed or perhaps realised- but what sort of a circus is it when there are 6 clowns and no ringmaster?

Amongst it all Kieran came to the shocking realisation that we never told Ruby (the Cat) that she was adopted.

And that my friends is Sunday dinner normal life in Stockley-ville.

I know you're wondering what Wills shocking revelation was.
Some things are just too big, too intense, just too much for even the internet.*

* Or nobody can remember. One of the two. I forget.

And if you thought this was weird wait till I tell you the one about the froggy pop.

No comments: