Sunday, August 1, 2010

Round-up~ July

On our bookshelf this month....

I'm reading The Children's Writer by Gray Crew- I picked it up because I love Gary Crew and I assumed it was a novel for teenagers/young adults but it's definitely not so a bit of a departure from my usual fare. I also read The Tricksters- (an old favourite by) Margaret Mahy. I have been working though my Healthy Food Guide and Little Treasures Mags. Trying to read Miss Wendy's Baby Led Weaning Book - which is more suited to dipping rather than cover to cover reading so hard for me as I am a cover to cover sort of girl. I have six months worth of Next Magazines waiting for me to read them too- I love that Magazine but always feel a kind of pressure to read- I'm thinking of letting my 14+ year subscription lapse!

Loving on the box....

Dr Who and Grey's Anatomy Holy cow the final of both of those were awesome. Also watching Glee, ANTM, and YAY new series of Outrageous Fortune!!!!!! I went to see "Boy" at the movies with Elliot- I really enjoyed it there was a real sense of nostalgia for childhood and also a great story which for me ended well enough- I was scared all the way through that it wouldn't. I also watched a movie about Blood Diamonds with Leonardo DiCaprio which was really good and Monster with Charlize Theron- which is hard to describe as good although it was- it was kind of scary and nerve racking especially as I was working on the computer with crazy woman in my right ear always about to lose it at any point. I couldn't believe my 12 year old sister watched the same movie as well it was pretty full on.

For you...For me?

Les' Birthday was kind of lame considering he had just got himself a trip to the worlds with all the trimmings- 2 nights in Paris, and 4 in London- it was kind of hard to think of something good to get him.

I made Alyssa a notice board for her door and we got her some Smiggle stuff as well.

We got some Lego Mini figures for Jake.

The kids were the lucky recipients of a Horse Book, an aircraft book and cook book from Kathryn, Harry and Sophia.

Germs and bugs and botherations....

Will was sick for a few days with some sort of pukey bug which turned into a cold.
Kieran had a case of Fif-itis which saw him have a day off school due to too much world cup football.

Today was good today was fun, tomorrow is another one...

Merenia went to Caz kids camp.

Tony, Petra, Finlay and Fraser spent the day at ours and M and K had a day at T & P's in the holidays.

Went to the movies with Elliot.

Went to Craft Out West.

Watched a lot of World Cup Football.

Yum, yum, yum....

Miss Wendy's Tetris biscuits and a few different Pies- but we've lost our family minute book which is where we record our pie ratings and no one wanted to really eat my Bacon and Egg pie- weirdo's- it was good! Kieran made yummy chicken fingers from the book that Kathryn sent us.

'It was on sale'....

Some pens and stuff from Smiggle. A new to us TV for the scrapbooking room. A few books while out op shopping. The last of the series 1 Lego Mini figures.

Bugger!

Got a crap haircut from Auckland's worst and freakiest hairdresser. SERIOUSLY Bugger!

Hooray!

Les left for France.

Both M and K's teams had some great wins.

Merenia's St Johns had a executive visit for which she played her Ukulele.

Merenia got Player of the day for Netball and Skills award for the 3rd time.

Kieran played his best game of Rugby yet.

Kieran and Jake narrowly missed getting first in NZ in a Nintendo Competition at Sylvia Park. They got piped in the closing seconds of the game by only nine points. They got a stack of cool stuff as runners up.

Etc...

Open days at Massey High School and Westlake Boys.

Weet bix started another Rugby Card collection consumption went up 50%.

Helped a lady get to her friends house in Titarangi- she was seriously lost.

Kieran competed in a Science Quiz thing for school.

Les started work in the Parachute bay (sort of).

Had a day long power cut.


You know who's good idea this was? Katie The Scrapbook Lady. Go check out her list of tasks to do at the end of each month as well.

No comments: