Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And where are the pictures?

I think I must be losing my touch (or perhaps just my mind). A reporter came yesterday from the Western Leader to interview Les about the worlds. She also took photos outside. Did I take any photos? No I didn't perhaps it was the serious lack of scrapbooking lately- or just that I don't seem to be very much on the ball in general lately but there are a few things that I have not captured lately and it's driving me nuts!

What I have done lately is a a lot of reading and it's been great. I discovered Philip Pullman thanks to Fraser who gave me a couple of books a while back and now I am absolutely smitten! I have also read a least one 'grown-up's' book lately which is not common for me- although I did pick it up because it was by one of my favourite Children's Book Authors- Gary Crew- I realised not far in that it wasn't what I was expecting at all- but I did still quite enjoy it. With Will having been in our room for so long I had got out of the habit of reading before I went to sleep- and then while Les was away and I was addicted to checking out results and such on the net I had to read before I went to sleep to calm my mind- and I am glad I did because I forgot how much I love it! Today whilst op-shopping in Brown's Bay I picked up and a Philip Pullman- Yay! Terry Brooks who I thought I had heard was quite good- but on reflection- I think I was supposed to be thinking of Terry Prachett- oh well it was only $1! And also Confessions of a Slacker Wife... which kind of appealed and if I like it I'll have to hunt down Confessions of a Slacker Mum!
Ahhhhhh books I love you so!!

No comments: