Tuesday, May 5, 2009

School of Parenting

Sometimes you pass, sometimes you fail. It's always gutting to find out that you've failed before 9am . Today Merenia needed her full uniform for Penguins aka St Johns Cadets. She told me before school that she had left her school shoes at school on the last day of term (AKA LOST!) . I did the full on grumpy routine and she put on her "Life's not fair, it's not my fault, my mum's so mean" face and went and sulked in her room standard behaviour for when there is no Les around to temper my temper. I was still considerably grumpy when she came out and when I dropped her to school. My last word to her was "SHOES!" in a rather angry tone.

Came home to find this on the change table...

Sorry Merenia I was ever so slightly too harsh (Yes Les, I know). Honestly though you never wear your shoes at school... why did you even take them?

The thing about the School of Parenting that most irks me is that there is no graduation!

No comments: