Sunday, February 1, 2009

Round-Up~January

This round up tool comes from Katie the Scrapbook lady!

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Creating Keepsakes, Healthy Food Guide, LOTS OF Next- I did my very best to get caught up (I am about 30 pages off being finished the last of 11 issues!). Women's Weekly (I was keen to check out my Stars for 2009- they are awesome!), New Zealand Woman's Health.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

Karate Kid, The Simpsons Movie, Survivor, quite a bit of period drama- don't know what's with that- TV1 holiday programming I guess. The Saddle Club!!!!???

What special days did I celebrate?

My sister Caitlin's Birthday

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

A present for Shannon and a Present for Cait's- a phone card and a big sister taxi service for the Big Day Out! We each got a cool pressie from Caitlin; Les got a cool Red Rabbit T-shirt, I got a set of plates (also from Margaret) and a perfect bag, Kieran got a blues wallet and a spunky t-shirt, Merenia got a top which is doubling as a skirt and some hair braids, Will got two tops including an All Blacks Polo (guess who was lusting after that!) Sweet thanks babe... but remember you shouldn't have!

What illnesses or health concerns did we have?

None, unless you count sunburn :-(

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Went to the Takapuna Markets and Devonport with Kieley, Merenia and Will. Swimming in our friends pool. Did a Tiki tour with Kieley and Ma of some cool shops from Albany to Waimauku to Oratia and back- we went to see The Red Crayon (Super Cool Design Store) and Just Plane Interesting (Second hand and more). We had Starbucks together on Les' last day of Holidays. We went to Shakespeare Bay for a day with the Brinkmans. Had a scrapbook-camp-at-home day. Went out to lunch at Waimauku with Les- an early Valentines because around the real day he'll be doing 'The Biggest Loser' at work... and I'll be competing right along at home.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

Not new but certainly haven't had one for ages- Steamed Pork Buns! Had Eggs Benedict at 'The Packing Shed' in Oratia. Coconut Ice Peaches are back... if can find some try them!! Fire and Ice at Waimauku- BLT's yum! Iced Tea- oh my goodness serious summer yum especially the peach flavour!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

A nice little skirt for Merenia at the Takapuna market. A new 'g' for my collection and a few cool Christmas decorations for next year and a bunch of new clothes trousers and shorts! School books- lots of them!!!

What were this month's disappointments?

A lack of organisation for Les' holidays made me feel that in someways the greater part of it was wasted and that it was a repeat of last year where failing to plan meant planning to fail....! I guess finding out how much money we waste was a disppointment... but it has it's plus sides as well.

What were my accomplishments this month?

Getting the mini Christmas albums done was pretty cool! And the traditions album too! As was getting a fair bunch of Scrapbooking done in general. Getting my photos organised and the family drawers in the filing cabinet. Reading 11 of my Next Magazines (I guess I was a little behind). Completeing the kids 2008 school round-up books.

Anything else noteworthy to record?

Will's Language: he seems to have just exploded with both real words and lots of babbling yodelling leprechaun talk! :-) And he can also get himself to sitting up now- yes this is later than 'average' - but we'd never want just an average baby! Kieran spent a week at Jakes.

Money wasted; Around $600 scary- can only get better from there!

No comments: